In September of 2016, Apple removed the iPhone's headphone jack, and they are now done with using the audio jack. This was a bold move considering most phones, especially budget phones, will keep the headphone jacks for convenience. Therefore, finding the best iPhone 7 earbuds is important, especially if you're looking for better sound quality.
- What kind of earbuds does iPhone 7 use?
- What Are Earbuds, and Are They Really Worth It?
- 1. Apple AirPods Pro
- 2. Skullcandy Sesh Evo True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
- 3. Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds – True Wireless Earbuds
- 4. Sony WF-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Truly Wireless Earbud
- 5. Beats Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds
- Earbuds Vs. Headphones: Which One is Better?
- What Do You Consider Before Purchasing the Best iPhone Earbuds?
- Frequently Asked Questions on Earbuds for iPhones.
What kind of earbuds does iPhone 7 use?
No products found.
Noise-cancelling or isolation of the background noise is one of the most important features when finding Apple headphones and earbuds. You also need to check out other features like AAC support to ensure you get the best listening experience. To help you find the perfect earbuds for you, we have reviewed the best iPhone 7 earbuds to pair with your Apple devices perfectly.
What Are Earbuds, and Are They Really Worth It?
Earbuds refer to two compact devices, each having its own driver, and they fit into the ear or are worn on the inner part of the ear. These devices are able to connect to audio devices either through cables or wireless connections. Their small form factor makes them stand out when it comes to portability.
There are two major types of earbuds including;
- In-ear monitors (IEMs)- These go directly to your ear canal and include detachable ear tips to offer better noise isolation and allow you to adjust the fit.
- Standard earbuds- They stay on the inner part of your ear.
Earbuds can also come in three different connection types that include wired, wireless, and true wireless. If portability and convenience are things you treasure, then you will love having earbuds. So, here are the best earbuds for iPhone 7 as well as other iPhone phones.
1. Apple AirPods Pro
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear
If you have an iPhone or/an Ipad, then the Apple AirPods Pro is an obvious choice. These earbuds boast the imp essive connectivity of the standard Apple AirPods but with additional features. The silicon in-ear tips and active noise cancellation are some of the impressive features of these earbuds.
The audio quality is also quite good. It comes with an Adaptive EQ, which uses an inward-facing microphone to adjust the sounds in a specific ear canal. As a result, these earbuds are readily designed for use with spatial audio sources. In addition, the device also supports immersive listening experiences.
The case charges using a lightning cable, and you can expect up to five hours of battery life with the active noise cancelling feature turned on. With the reliable connectivity, versatility, and ease of use that Apple AirPods pro prove, it is seemingly the best iPhone earbuds in the market today.
2. Skullcandy Sesh Evo True Wireless In-Ear Earbud
No products found.
While most cheap wireless headphones and earbuds are associated with either frequent audio dropouts, poor battery life, or terrible sound quality, the Skullcandy Sesh Evo True Wireless In-Ear Earbud is different. At around the quarter price of a pair of Airpods, these wireless earbuds have managed to deliver decent sound quality and solid performance.
The Skullcandy Sesh Evo True Wireless In-Ears Earbuds is a perfect representation of the good value of money when compared to other wireless headphones. You get five hours of continuous listening and an extra 19 hours with the USB-C charging case. In addition, each earbud is independent and can be used solo since each of them comes with a microphone for talking to Siri and voice calling.
It features a tile integration that allows you to locate your earbuds in case they go missing, and the tile user walks past them. They are pretty decent, especially if you already have the tile Bluetooth tracker ecosystem. These earbuds also come in a bunch of different colors, which makes them a great option but don't just expect to get all the features that come with expensive models.
3. Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds – True Wireless Earbuds
- WIRELESS EARBUDS – Jabra Elite 75t is engineered to fit; Making and taking calls is...
- COMPACT COMFORT – Designed and tested for a secure fit, the Jabra Elite 75t features a...
- NO AUDIO DROPOUTS – With Jabra 4th generation true wireless connection, your music and...
- ACTIVE NOISE CANCELLATION: With these noise cancelling earbuds, you can filter out the...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – With Jabra Elite 75t wireless Bluetooth earbuds, you get up to 24...
The Jabra Elite 75t Earbuds – True Wireless Earbuds features an amazing balance between affordability and the best features. It has enough battery life that can get you from a JFK to LA and a great sound profile for such an affordable piece. These earbuds also deliver decent audio quality that you'd never expect from a pair of wireless earphones in this price range.
They feature silicone tips that create a seal with your ear providing amazing passive noise isolation while still having a comfortable fit. You can also be apple to tweak the response of the earbuds via the equalizer in the Jabra Sound+app for iPad and iPhone. The earbuds feature an active noise cancellation to minimize the background noises for uninterrupted listening.
Moreover, these earbuds also have a transparency mode that allows you to toggle the ambient audio without the need to remove your earphones. When it comes to battery life, you get about seven hours of uninterrupted audio with these earbuds and a total of 24 hours playback with the included charging case. There are a variety of colors, from eye-catching gold beige to low-profile all-black buds.
4. Sony WF-1000XM4 Noise Canceling Truly Wireless Earbud
- Industry-leading noise canceling bluetooth earbuds with the new Integrated Processor V1
- Exceptional sound quality with new Integrated Processor V1 and supporting LDAC codec.
- Crystal-clear call quality, beamforming microphone and a bone-conduction sensor provide...
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- 8 hours long battery with Noise Canceling. Frequency Response(Bluetooth...
Offering one of the best active noise cancellation abilities for its price point, the Sony WF-1000XM4 Noise Canceling True Wireless Earbuds is an awesome pick. In these earbuds, Sony has combined their Integrated Processor V1 with earbud tips to ensure you get a tight seal on your ear so as to reduce external audio.
These earbuds also support a high-resolution LDAC Bluetooth codec, and there is a bone conducting sensor to ensure you can comfortably hear what is going on, even in noisy environments. You get to enjoy eight hours of battery life with active noise cancelling enabled and an additional 16 hours with the case.
This case will charge wirelessly using USB-C and fast charging for the earbuds, five minutes for an hour of listening. In addition, they come with an IPX4 water-resistant rating, and you can easily customize the sound provide using the Sony's headphones connect app on iPhone or iPad. However, these Sony earbuds o for impressive isolation at the cost of user experience since the pairing process is a bit challenging.
5. Beats Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts or running
- Protect your Beats with AppleCare+ - Add AppleCare+ to your order and receive accidental...
If you're looking for the best wireless sports earbuds for any iPhone, the Beats Powerbeats Pro Wireless Earbuds are one of the recommended earbuds for working out and running. Their ear hook design ensures the earbuds stay stable in your ears while you exercise or do other activities.
In addition to their lightweight build, these earbuds also have an IPX4 rating for water resistance and an H1 chip to ensure you can seamlessly pair with other devices in the Apple ecosystem. Their physical control scheme is also quite easy to use, and with the 11 hours of battery life, iPhone users can enjoy their long wor outs.
The standby mode comes in handy to help conserve the battery life whenever you're not using them. Their neutral sound profile is versatile enough to be used in most types of audio content. However, the companion interface is limited with fewer sound customization features that you can use to tweak the sounds to your preference.
Earbuds Vs. Headphones: Which One is Better?
Headphones and earbuds have their pros and cons, and choosing between one of them hugely depends on your personal preferences and how you will be using them. There is no wrong answer when it comes to deciding between the two devices.
Ideally, you should get earbuds if;
- You want a great blend of performance and affordability
- You want something compact and portable to carry around
- You want to enjoy music during your workouts.
On the other hand, you should buy headphones if;
- You want longer battery life.
- You don't want to insert something in your ears.
- You're looking for the best noise-cancelling and sound quality.
What Do You Consider Before Purchasing the Best iPhone Earbuds?
1. Audio Quality
If you're hoping to enjoy your music more, then you want to get a good pair of headphones with great audio quality. This is made possible using a pair of high-quality drivers. More often than not, you may need to check the specifications of the wireless or wired headphones. Here are common some features you should check out;
a). Frequency Response
Measured in Hertz (Hz), frequency response is the range of audio frequencies which earbuds can repeat. Finding out the frequency response of Bluetooth headphones will help you choose the rig t apple headphones depending on the music you want to listen to. For instance, if you're hoping to listen to mu ic with lots of basses, then you want to consider picking iPhone 7 earbuds with low bass frequency.
The impedance is the measure of opposition. A circuit gives a current when the voltage is applied. Ideally, the higher the impedance of the earbuds, the less current that will flow. If you're looking for the best sound quality and achieve maximum power, you need to match the impedance of the earbuds to the impedance of the source.
Drivers help convert electrical signals to sound pressure, creating the sounds within your device. Basically, the larger or stronger the driver, the better the sound of your earbuds. These drivers will also help boost trebles, mids, and bass for an amazing listening experience.
The sensitivity of the earbuds refers to how loud they can be. It also indicates how electrical signals can be swapped to acoustic signals. The sensitivity of the headphones is often measured in Sound Pressure Level (SPL). For secure listening, it is important to pick earbuds that have a mid-range level of sensitivity because anything above the limit can be dangerous to the ears.
Not all earbuds can properly fit our ears. Some factors like the earbuds design and the shape of your eyes will determine the fit of the earbuds. As a result, finding the best iPhone 7 earbuds that securely and snugly fit your ear is crucial. Earbuds that don't properly fit will only hurt your ears, especially for those people who have sensitive ears.
To achieve a comfortable experience, it is recommended to get earbuds that nestle gently in the earhole. Rubber tips won't hurt like plastic tips, but there are more comfortable options like foam tips and custom tips that mold your ear shape.
3. Additional Features
Depending on the kind of activity you will be doing, you want to choose earbuds that will perfectly suit your needs. Here are some extra features you ought to consider;
- Water and sweat-resistant- If you're planning to use the earbuds at the gym or outdoors, you want to get water and sweat-resistant ones since they block moisture and sweat from the earbuds, minimizing damage.
- Bluetooth- Bluetooth headphones offer more convenience, and they are connected to your device using Bluetooth technology. Bluetooth and true wireless earbuds provide freedom of movement, especially when you're doing sport or any activity that needs lots of movement.
- Sound Isolation- These ones work to isolate the sound by blocking other noises in the surrounding so that you enjoy what you're listening to, especially in crowded places.
- Noise Cancelling- Unlike sound isolation, noise-cancelling earbuds separate the music from the back sound. They work to block any noise in the surroundings and are much more powerful in noisy surroundings.
Frequently Asked Questions on Earbuds for iPhones.
1. Do Apple earbuds work with iPhone 7?
Yes. Apple has updated its earbuds to have a lightning connector that will work with previous models, including iPhone 7. This change, however, means that this iPhone has no headphone jacks, and all the perfect headphones may need to be connected via Bluetooth or lightning port.
2. Does iPhone 7 have a 3.5 mm jack?
No. Apple's iPhone 7 doesn't have the traditional 3.5-millimeter headphone jack, but you still get several headphone options. Instead, a lightning connector or dongle is used to free up the space in the phone for other technology builds. Furthermore, it provides higher quality audio and encourages proper isolation.