Great sound quality is a huge part of an immersive gaming experience. At the same time, technology is rapidly shifting more towards wireless connectivity. Bluetooth-enabled devices are becoming ever more popular for gamers all over the world; gone might be the days of plugging a headphone jack. In this guide, we'll look at one of the best wireless earbuds on the market, including a step-by-step guide on how to connect Raycon earbuds to PS4.
The Raycon Gaming Earbuds, as the name suggests, are specifically designed for the modern-day gamer. This small yet powerful gaming headset comes with everything you need for proper sound quality when you're playing games on your PlayStation. Not only do they hold a candle to some of the top wireless headphones, but they are also pretty affordable and easy to set up.
But first, let's see what makes them stand out.
Raycon Gaming Earbuds Overview
Image Source: rayconglobal.com
For starters, the Raycon Gaming Earbuds come with a mic that's optimized for gaming. That means your teammates or audience can hear you loud and clear, without any static or feedback getting in the way.
As you already know, reaction time is everything when you're gaming; you're either quick or dead. These wireless earbuds feature HyperSync Low Latency Technology that optimizes streaming connection to reduce audio delay and lag. Furthermore, the incredibly low latency means you hear exactly what you're seeing.
These gaming earbuds are truly engineered to give you a competitive edge over your opponents. They feature three unique sound profiles so that you can customize your audio for any content. They also include touch controls for quick and easy access so that you always get the perfect sound without interfering with your game.
They also feature True Wireless Stereo technology for significantly enhanced sound quality and better wireless connection with any Bluetooth device. TWS also means you can use each earbud on its own or both together. Unfortunately, their noise canceling ability is not particularly the best in town.
With 31 hours of battery life, you'll probably need to recharge before they do. Plus, they are rated at IPX5 water-resistant, so they'll hold up just alright when you break a sweat on those intense matches.
It's worth pointing out that these gaming earbuds are compatible with most Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as mobile phones, computers, laptops and tablets, regardless of the brand. However, you need a separate USB Type-A or Type-C Bluetooth Transmitter for console gaming to allow wireless connection.
How to Connect Your Raycon Wireless Earbuds to PS4 -bi
Image Source: pixabay.com
1. First, check the Raycon user guide to find out if your model supports PS4 connection.
2. Next, if they support PS4 connection, you still need to ensure that they also support the method of connection you want to use, either wired or wireless.
3. Since you're going wireless, ensure that Bluetooth is turned on on your PS4 and the wireless earbuds. Keep them close to each other for faster pairing. This should take 5-10 seconds.
4. Once they have paired successfully, you'll see a blue light on both the controller and the Raycon Bluetooth headset. If you can't see any light or nothing seems to be happing, go back to Step 3.
5. Go to audio settings on your console. Press the Playstation button, then scroll down until you get to Audio Output Settings.
6. Under Output Device, select All Audio. Then, hold down the Power button until Standby Mode appears on the screen. This prompts the console to restart.
7. Scroll through Audio Settings until you find Audio Format. If the console has not recognized the wireless earbuds, go back to Step 5.
8. Under Audio Format, ensure you select SBC and Bit Rate 44100Hz for Other Options. However, if you're using Raycon QY8 APT-X Bluetooth headphones, select Bit Rate 48000Hz instead.
9. Enjoy the best wireless earbuds for the ultimate gaming experience!
Tip: This method is similar when connecting your Raycon earbuds with other devices that support Bluetooth. Furthermore, it also works the same when connecting other wireless headphones to your console, including the Sennheiser HD 598, Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2, Bose Quiet Comfort QC35, Sony WF-XB700, Beats by Dr. Dre Studio 3 Wireless, Samsung Galaxy buds and many more.
Why You Need Bluetooth Connectivity for Gaming
Image Source: flickr.com
Perhaps the biggest and most obvious appeal to Bluetooth headphones and earbuds is that you can move freely and easily without being tethered to the console. In fact, sometimes the connection process is as straightforward as adding a Bluetooth adapter and you can move around as much as you please. Furthermore, without annoying cables trailing all over, you can focus more on your game.
In a nutshell, when you connect Bluetooth headphones or wireless earbuds, you are assured of:
- Simple setup (usually)
- Broad range of compatibility
- Customizable sound
- Less hardware
- Free movement
What to Keep in Mind about Bluetooth Headphones
That being said, there are a few things you need to consider when you opt for wireless headphones for gaming. First, most Bluetooth headphones aren't directly compatible with PS4. That means you'll need to get a separate Bluetooth adapter and ensure that your preferred headset option is compatible with the adapter.
Second, Bluetooth can cause audio lag in some games. However, this isn't something you need to worry about with Raycon Gaming Earbuds, thanks to the HyperSync Low Latency Mode that allows for rapid responses to developing situations as well as fast-action play.
Addressing Connectivity Issues
There's always a likelihood that you could run into a few connectivity issues. Here's what you can do:
- Reset your PS4. Alternatively, you can cancel the existing Bluetooth connection.
- Clear or forget existing Wi-FI connections.
- Put the devices in range for fresh pairing.
- Restart the connection process from Step 3.
If you prefer not to have wires in your way when playing games, this guide is definitely for you. More so, the new Raycon Gaming Earbuds should be right up your alley. Hopefully, with your new earbuds, you can have a more enjoyable gaming experience as you have plenty of fun and work your way up the leaderboard. That's all for now; happy gaming!
Featured Image Source: pixabay.com