While some of the greatest headphones are expensive, you can still find budget headphones that are comfy and deliver great sound quality. Children, people who put a lot of wear and tear on their devices, those who need many pairs, and those on a tight budget will benefit from cheaper headphones.
What is the best headphones under 50 dollars?
For about $50, you can get both wired and wireless headphones. Finding an inexpensive pair of headphones might be difficult, but you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good listening experience. We have compiled a list of our top picks for the best headphones under $50.
- What You Should Know About Headphones Before Purchasing Them
- The Best Headphones Under $50
- 1. Sony ZX Series On-Ear Wired Headphones MDR-ZX110
- 2. Zihnic Foldable Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
- 3. iJoy Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
- 4. OneOdio Over-Ear Wired Headphones
- 5. Panasonic Full-Sized Lightweight Over-The-Ear Headphones
- 6. Elecder i37 Kids Adjustable On-Ear Headphones
- What to Consider When Buying Headphones Under $50
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
What You Should Know About Headphones Before Purchasing Them
Sound quality can be made or broken by proper sound isolation. If you're going to use them at home, go ahead and try some open-back headphones, but if you're going out, you'll need closed headphones. The quality of Bluetooth varies depending on the source; yes, even with cheap headphones, around $50.
For example, iPhone users should use AAC, whereas Android users should utilize aptX. If you're in your third decade, deciding between streaming quality is difficult. You can put your hearing to the test if you like.
Audio quality isn't the finest for headphones under $50. It may entice you to turn up the volume to an insane level. You should avoid doing so because it may put you in danger of noise-induced hearing damage.
The Best Headphones Under $50
1. Sony ZX Series On-Ear Wired Headphones MDR-ZX110
- Lightweight 1.38 in neodymium dynamic drivers deliver a punchy, rhythmic response to even...
- The swiveling earcup design allows easy storage when you’re not using them, and enhances...
- Cushioned earpads for total comfort and enfolding closed-back design seals in sound
- The wide frequency range—spanning 12 Hz to 22 kHz—delivers deep bass, rich midrange,...
- Plug: L-shaped stereo mini plug 3.5mm
Maximizing audio performance has never been easier with SONY ZX-Series Monitor Headphones. You don't h to compromise when it comes to comfort and performance. Enjoy a wide range of frequency response. From 12 to 22,000 Hz, 30 mm speaker units produce full, balanced sound for a complete listening experience.
Design with a swivel and a folding mechanism. The rotatable, foldable earpads let you enjoy music in a variety of ways while remaining compact for mobility. In addition, the 1.2m y-type cable is resistant to snags and tangles so that you can concentrate on your music and not your cord.
2. Zihnic Foldable Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
- 【ASTONISHING SOUND PRODUCTION 】: High Definition Stereo Headphones, specially...
- 【BUILT FOR YOUR COMFORTABILITY 】: The Earmuff is made by artificial leather, ensuring...
- 【SEAMLESS BLUETOOTH CONNECTION】: Built to provide a quick and stable Bluetooth...
- 【ERGONOMIC DESIGN】 : Zihnic headphones are built from materials that are extremely...
- 【LONG BATTERY LIFE & DUAL MODE】: Zihnic Headphones are Rechargeable. 450mAh battery,...
These high-definition stereo Headphones with specifically built software and noise reduction technology keep you focused on your music by blocking out ambient noises. With the earcup controls on the headphones, you can effortlessly switch between calls and music/movies on your phone.
It's also compatible with your Android, iOS mobile devices and other devices. In addition, the extraordinarily soft memory-protein foam leather earmuffs and headbands give excellent comfort no matter how long you wear them.
The wireless mode liberated you from tangled cables. The included audio cable enables you to listen to music without the need for electricity, giving you unlimited access to the best sound quality at any time. They're foldable and stretchable, allowing you to achieve the perfect fit without feeling limited, and they're also long-lasting. Zihnic is the best option for Unisex Kids, Teens, and Adults for travel, athletics, and everyday use.
Designed with a reliable and fast Bluetooth connection in mind. Simply slide the on/off button to put the wireless headphones in pairing mode. These Headphones are compatible with any Bluetooth or 3.5mm plug cable-equipped device!
The Zihnic Headphones are rechargeable. 450mAh battery, 14-hour audio playback battery life, and 2.5-hour Fast Charging. Zihnic headphones come with a premium case that protects them from damage and wear.
3. iJoy Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones
- Deep, accurate bass response,Extended frequency range, Rechargeable
- 5-button control, including Play/pause/answer/hangup,Equalizer,Next track/volume up,...
- Ear cups fit around ears to help isolate audio, Foldable design for easy carry, noise...
- Micro SD card plug-in, built in Radio receiver, Built in Mic for Hands Free calling
- New: 6 MONTHS!! exchange warranty! If your headset breaks or is damaged for any reason,...
Increase the volume and enjoy your favorite music with these exquisite wireless headphones brought to you by iJoy. These over-ear headphones under 50$ are ergonomically designed and suited for daily use and are made of premium-grade materials.
Play your favorite PC games, relax and listen to your favorite music, or view the latest blockbusters in pristine HQ sound quality from the comfort of your own home! The memory protein earmuffs keep them in place on your head without harming your ears, and the adjustable headband ensures that they fit correctly.
In addition, the interior of the headband has a soft, snug pad that gives complete protection and comfort. Furthermore, the headphones are flexible enough to accommodate all head shapes while not being too loose to fall off. Who doesn't want a new pair of Bluetooth headphones that is decent? This iJoy headset will be a great and very practical gift for your closest friend, significant other, or even your mother!
4. OneOdio Over-Ear Wired Headphones
- BASS SOUND: Enjoy clear sound and comfort with the OneOdio Studio monitor headphones....
- BUILT TO STAY COMFORTABLE: The soft padded ear cushions are designed for monitor...
- NO MORE ADAPTER: DJ style coiled cord (9.8Ft Stretched) easily reaches from the TV or...
- SINGLE-SIDE MONITORING: 90° swiveling ear cups for single-ear monitoring anytime;...
- Works with: All devices have 3.5mm or 6.35mm audio jack. Bass sound, durability, and...
What distinguishes the OneOdio Studio Pro-10 from most headphones? It is an over-the-ear DJ headphone with dynamic bass. The 50mm neodymium driver accurately reproduces all of the dynamics in your music while also providing the regulated bass that DJs and audiophiles want.
It's perfect for DJ digital mixers, mixer panels, turntables, studio monitoring, electronic news gathering; pretty much any application that requires high-quality sound. The Studio Pro-10 is a pleasant headset that is for long periods. The design is foldable.
It is a versatile headset that is adjustable to accommodate any head size. For single-ear monitoring, the earcups can be rotated both left and right. When you are not using it, fold it up and keep it in the included pouch.
No need for an adapter with this dual-purpose cable. It comes with a detachable spring cable with 3.5mm, and 6.35mm plugs on each end for diverse applications. Studio Pro-10 is a pair of trendy headphones composed of black matte plastic with glossy finish trims, some of which have a slightly rubbery feel.
It's tough enough to hold up the DJ booth and be worn frequently. The headphones come with a 3.5mm and a 6.35mm cable, making them more convenient to use. There is a convenient in-line microphone that produces crystal clear sound for making calls. Single-ear monitoring at any moment with 90° swiveling ear cups, ideal for mastering and mixing.
5. Panasonic Full-Sized Lightweight Over-The-Ear Headphones
- Wired, Over-the-Ear Headphones with Mic: Full size, classic style Headphones deliver...
- Powerful Bass, Vocals and Lyrics: Dual 30 millimeter neodymium driver units easily handle...
- Padded for Comfort: Plush padded earpads softly surround the entire ear to minimize...
- Extra-Long Headphone Cord: An extra-long, 6.5 feet audio cord gives you plenty of space to...
- High-Quality Sound in Style: Sleek, distinctive matte black finish and durable,...
The Panasonic Headphones RP-HT161-M bring distinctive style and comfort while listening to music at home, around town, or on the go. They feature a sleek, matte-black finish and robust, lightweight design. The voice assistant compatibility activates controls, and the built-in mic makes it simple to make crisp phone calls.
These headphones have a power input of 1000mW and a frequency response of 10Hz-27kHz for superb music and sound. The smooth, balanced bass levels, mid-range tones, and high-frequency trebles for clear vocals and lyrics are powered by dual 30mm neodymium drivers.
The RP-lightweight HT161-M's design and built-in microphone make it suitable for music, calls, gaming, and voice-activated apps. Soft, plush-padded earpads encircle the entire ear, isolating music and sound while preventing ambient noise and distractions.
A smooth, easy-to-adjust headband fits your head for optimum fit and comfort, as well as hours of listening pleasure. A wide 6.5-foot audio wire allows you to enjoy superb music in various ways. The cord conveniently extends from your couch to home entertainment components for watching movies and games, in addition to music devices and computers.
6. Elecder i37 Kids Adjustable On-Ear Headphones
- Excellent Sound: Stereo bass headphone with excellent sound effect, 3.5mm plug compatible...
- Please kindly note that there is NO microphone, remote or volume control on these...
- Adjustable: The adjustable band allows you to get the perfect fit for your head shape. It...
- Easy To Carry: Folding design make it convenient to carry, you can easily put it in the...
- Support: 1 Year Hassle-Free-Protection and quickly response customer service, for any...
The Elecder i37 foldable on-ear stereo headphones provide a truly immersive sound experience, with clear audio and rich bass that mimics a live concert. Smartphones, laptops, PCs, CD players, tablets, and other 3.5mm jack devices are all compatible. The headphones have a heavy bass, great sound effects, and HIFI strong low bass.
The earmuffs for these headphones are extremely soft and easy to wear. The ultra-lightweight design allows you to jam out to all of your favorite tunes without putting pressure on your ears or adding weight to your head. The headband is adjustable to fit growing children and teenagers. Its folding shape makes it easy to transport; you can quickly stuff it into a suitcase or bag.
The Elecder i37 on-ear headphones for youngsters have an L-shaped stereo plug plugged into practically any device with a 3.5 mm socket. The 40mm dividers generate high-quality sound and help to foster immersive listening by blocking extraneous noise.
What to Consider When Buying Headphones Under $50
There are different headphones available for under $50. It appears to be the price most people are willing to pay, but it does not mean they should take the cheapest option. The affordable price does not represent the sound or build quality at this time on the market.
Because of economies of scale, certain headphone manufacturers can sell their headphones for a low price. Sony and JVC, for example, sell a lot of headphones in this price range. Thus, production costs are lower due to the competition and huge factory orders. Small businesses that grow through word of mouth and do not have a marketing budget can be competitive.
Finally, the Chinese high-fidelity sound market development is difficult to ignore. Generic brand Chinese enterprises have transitioned from creating low-quality junk to providing great audio quality devices. They include headphones, earbuds, and DAPs in the last decade (Digital Audio Players).
Because China's production and design costs are so low, they've become a real threat to big-name audio companies. They can now produce low-cost headphones under 50$that compete with those costing several times as much.
1. Over-Ear Headphones VS On-Ear Headphones
Personal preference drives the decision to choose one over the other. If you wish to use your headphones only at home or at work, for example, you might prefer the extra comfort of over-ear design headphones.
However, if you travel frequently or have limited room, you may prefer the more compact shape of an on-ear headphone. Both varieties of headphones sound great. As a result, you need to consider how you intend to use your headphones and select the model that best meets your needs.
Over-ear headphones have distinct advantages. They have less pressure on the outer ear, making it more pleasant to use them. Their increased size allows for larger drivers to be accommodated. Noise from the environment is better isolated.
On the other hand, on-ear headphones have their benefits too. For starters, they are typically smaller. In addition, because less material is utilized in the construction, they are lighter. As a result, heat build-up around the ears is less of a concern.
2. Closed-back vs. Open-back Headphones
Closed-back headphones are better for commuting or traveling since they block out a lot more extraneous noise than open-back headphones. However, when done correctly, an open back has unique acoustic features and can sound incredibly airy and large.
3. Well-known Brand Names
Previously, if you wanted quality, you would go for names like Sony, Bose, JVC, and others. However, things have changed, and many Chinese enterprises are now delivering tremendous value for money. As a result, headphones on a budget are now better than ever.
These Chinese companies produce fantastic-sounding headphones at prices we could only imagine a few years ago. As a result, experts who are well-versed in the area of audiophile headphones have searched high and low to uncover the best headphones for you under $50. In some circumstances, a sub $50 headphone from a lesser-known brand can sound better than a pair of $200+ headphones from a well-known brand.
4. Mistakes to Avoid when Buying Headphones
When it comes to cheap headphones, the most common error is buying the one that looks the nicest. It is vital because the headphones' style can complement your own. After all, there's a reason the Beats headphones come in so many various hues.
If you want to use your headphones regularly, consider three extra factors while shopping for new headphones. Sound quality, comfort and build quality are all important factors. Of course, you'll have to make compromises in each area to stay under $50. Before making a purchase, think about what you want from your headphones in terms of performance and how you'll use them the most.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. Are 50-Dollar Headphones a Good Investment?
They are, indeed. You can expect a high-quality build and satisfying sound that will offer you a taste of what more premium, expensive models can achieve. You may expect decent sound quality, noise cancellation, quick charging, Qi wireless charging, an aptX Bluetooth codec, and a foldable headphone chassis for simple storage with inexpensive headphones. You will have to spend more money if you want the most up-to-date technologies like wireless headphones with long battery life.
2. Are Noise-canceling Headphones Harmful to My Ears?
No. The best noise-canceling headphones are completely safe to wear and will not hurt you in any way. However, if the volume isn't controlled at a tolerable level, these gadgets can cause hearing impairment. Also, if you listen to excessively loud music with noise-canceling earphones or headphones, you may be injuring your ears without realizing it!
Whether or not your headphones feature noise cancellation technology is irrelevant. You risk injuring your ears if you listen to music at extremely high volumes. Noise-canceling headphones may be good for your ears because they reduce the need to listen to music at high volumes by blocking ambient noises.
They can also help you focus or if you work in incredibly noisy locations such as construction sites or night bars where music is blaring loud for hours during the night. Isolating headphones would function better in that instance, though.
3. What are True Wireless Headphones?
True wireless headphones allow you to be free of cables. Because there are no connections, not even a wire connecting each in-ear headset, these headphones are commonly referred to as cordless or cord-free. As a result, true wireless headphones provide a tangle-free experience that allows you to move freely while working out, commuting, and doing other activities. You'll also find biometric monitoring, noise-canceling, and other features.