Raising babies and young children nowadays means being surrounded by technology. It can be a wonderful thing. From high-tech baby monitors to instructional apps, technology has a lot of advantages. For example, headphones for toddlers are a must-have piece of technology. They're made for little ears, both in terms of shape, weight, and size, as well as volume controls.
- Which type of headphones are good for kids?
- Should Parents Buy Volume-limiting headphones for Their Children?
- The Best Headphones for kids
- 1. Noot Products K11 Foldable Stereo Tangle-Free Kids Headphones
- 2. Elecder i37 Foldable Adjustable On-Ear Kids Headphones
- 3. Snug Play+ Kids Headphones with Volume Limiting for Toddlers
- 4. iClever HS01 Kids Headphones with Mic
- 5. LilGadgets Connect+ Kids Volume Limited Wired Headphones
- 6. POWMEE M1 Wired Foldable Adjustable Kids Headphones
- 7. Woice Bluetooth Wireless/Wired Kids Headphones
- 8. Nenos Limited Volume Kids Headphones
- 9. Midola Bluetooth Wireless/Wired Kids Headphones
- 10. CozyPhones Over The Ear Headband Kids Headphones
- What to Consider When Buying Headphones for Toddlers
- Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Children
- Are Noise-canceling Headphones Appropriate for Children?
- How Loud Should Headphones for Toddlers be?
- Are There Headphones Suitable for Children?
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Which type of headphones are good for kids?
Loud noises can cause irreversible hearing impairment in youngsters, resulting in permanent hearing loss. Consequently, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends an eight-hour maximum sound level of 85 decibels.
It would be best if you chose comfortable headphones for your youngster, with well-padded cups and secure headbands. Most are adjustable in size, allowing your child to grow with them. Many fold and come with a carry bag or case, making them convenient to take with you on the go.
Many headphones for kids are wireless. It's practical since you don't have to deal with many devices with different ports, and the kids don't have to be near the device to listen to the material. However, this means that they must be charged regularly, and features such as active noise-cancellation will deplete the battery life.
Look for all the headphones reviewed below with built-in microphones if you want your child to use their headphones for schoolwork; Zooms, Teams, video calls and so on. In most cases, the microphones will be built inside the cups. It is also useful if they're on the phone and have their headphones on.
Let's look at the list we curated on the best headphones for toddlers to help you make the greatest decision for your child.
Should Parents Buy Volume-limiting headphones for Their Children?
Our hearing is harmed when we listen to loud music for lengthy periods. The WHO recommends that "the maximal safe exposure level is estimated to be 85dB for up to a maximum of 8 hours" to avoid noise-induced hearing damage. It is critical, especially for youngsters, that we use volume-limiting headphones to guarantee that they are exposed to as little noise as possible.
Most kids aren't always conscious when the volume is too high and aren't aware of the long-term consequences. As a result, most toddler headphones are volume limited to the acceptable 85 decibels. However, some devices will allow the volume to be increased to 92dB so that they are heard in noisy places like airplanes.
However, the general view is that the greater the sound quality from the headphones, the less need to pump up the volume. As a result, don't always choose low-cost children's headphones. Instead, the best kids' headphones to buy will be those with superior sound quality.
The Best Headphones for kids
1. Noot Products K11 Foldable Stereo Tangle-Free Kids Headphones
- On-ear headphones has padded soft cushions with a soft touch finish. Adjustable headband...
- 24-Month Hassle-Free Warranty, Easy to Reach Customer Service.
- There is NO microphone, remote or volume control on these headphones but you can still...
- Compatible with all smartphones, Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, computers, laptops and all...
These wired kids' headphones are suitable for children aged 3 and up and are available in several vibrant colors. There's an adjustable headband for a precise fit to accommodate most children's heads. They also have a lightweight construction. Padded soft cushions with a soft touch surface come standard on these on-ear headphones. Foldable design for compact and convenient storage.
Features a nylon braided cable with a length of 5 feet. Designed for children, girls, boys, toddlers, remote learning, and training. These kids' headphones do not include a microphone, remote, or volume control, but you can still speak into the device's microphone. Through the gadget mics, the receiving end will hear you.
The sound from these toddler headphones will be loud enough to drown out the background noise on an airplane. All smartphones, Chromebooks, iPads, tablets, PCs, laptops, and other 3.5mm audio jack devices are compatible. A lightning to 3.5mm jack converter is required for iPhone 7 and above, iPad Pro 11 and 12.9, 2020 versions.
2. Elecder i37 Foldable Adjustable On-Ear Kids Headphones
- Excellent Sound: Stereo bass headphone with excellent sound effect, 3.5mm plug compatible...
- Please kindly note that there is NO microphone, remote or volume control on these...
- Adjustable: The adjustable band allows you to get the perfect fit for your head shape. It...
- Easy To Carry: Folding design make it convenient to carry, you can easily put it in the...
- Support: 1 Year Hassle-Free-Protection and quickly response customer service, for any...
ELECDER was founded in 2016and is a professional business that specializes in headphones. They include true wireless earbuds, children's headphones, wired headphones, wireless sports headsets, and active noise-canceling headphones.
For youngsters, the Elecder i37 on-ear headphones have an L-shaped stereo plug that can be plugged into any 3.5 mm socket. In addition, 40mm dividers generate high-quality sound and help to foster immersive listening by blocking extraneous background noise. The headband is adjustable to fit growing children and older kids.
The ultra-lightweight design allows you to jam out to all of your favorite tunes without putting pressure on your ears or adding weight to your head. In addition, the adjustable band allows you to customize the fit to your child's head shape.
Its folding shape makes it easy to transport; you can quickly stuff it into a suitcase or bag. Soft earmuff with a nice cushion pad, making it easy to wear. Ambient noise is blocked, allowing for more immersive listening. Premium nylon fabric makes the cord sturdy and tangle-free.
3. Snug Play+ Kids Headphones with Volume Limiting for Toddlers
- Features a sharing port on every set - Connect one side of these kids headphones to your...
- Volume automatically limited to protect your childÍs ears - The Snug Play+ childrens...
- Perfect size and fit for children - These headphones are lightweight and feature soft,...
- Premium sound quality - Featuring 40mm drivers that provide a range of 20Hz to 20kHz, your...
- Made with high quality, durable materials these headphone are built to last and withstand...
Are you looking for a headphone that is practical, pleasant, safe, and durable enough for your child to use? SNUG Play+ was created with children in mind, and it's designed to keep up with them while they play. In addition, SNUG kids' headphones are made to be durable so that youngsters can use them with ease. These colorful corded headphones are tough but light, and they'll hold up to a lot of use.
The toddler headphones are designed to be safe for children's eardrums and keep them comfortable all day while generating adult-quality sound. Safety comes first with children, so the Snug Play+ volume is limited to 93db. A balanced sound level is loud enough to hear everything without causing eardrum damage.
These are the best kids headphones with soft earpads and cushioned foam that is gentle on smaller ears and stays comfy even while listening for lengthy periods. Premium 40mm Audio Drivers with an audio sharing port on a detachable cable compatible with all tablets and gaming devices.The frequency range 20Hz - 20kHz for volume limiting. Recommended for Children from the ages of 2 to 10.
4. iClever HS01 Kids Headphones with Mic
- 【The Safest Option】- iClever kids headphones are generously recommended to protect...
- 【Perfect for Online Courses】- iClever wired headphones work with the In-line...
- 【Adjustable Headband With Toughness】- iClever toddler headphones survive the hard...
- 【Playful Cat-Inspired Design 】- Combining high quality audio with unique fashion,...
- 【Compatibility & Satisfying Service】- With the standard 3.5mm headphone jack, works...
Protect your kid's hearing by using iClever headphones for kids. Adult headphones are rarely the best headphones for children. Improper headphones can harm a kid's hearing. iClever Boostcare on-ear headphones with adjustable 85/94dB volume control are created specifically for kids. Better safeguard your kid's hearing.
The retractable arms are adjustable to accommodate older kids' heads comfortably. Earmuffs made of soft memory protein take great care of their ears. The iClever BoostCare kids' headphones are made to endure the rough handling of small hands. Thanks to its sturdy food-grade materials and tangle-free wires, the headset is soft, twistable, bendable, and made to endure hammering.
iClever kids headphones with a 94dB max volume limit protect your children from outside noise disruption while traveling. You won't be able to function without such a great listening device. The 3.5mm headphone jack is compatible with almost all smartphones and tablets.
5. LilGadgets Connect+ Kids Volume Limited Wired Headphones
- SharePort: No need for a splitter! One earpiece connects to the device and the other can...
- The LilGadgets Audio Cable is encased in 4ft. of premium braided nylon with an in-line...
- Volume Limited: The max volume is 93db; Quality: Adult worthy 40mm drivers and a range of...
- Comfort: Sized for kids, padded for kids, light for kids, and durable for kids...
- For the Kids: A portion of each purchase goes towards bullying prevention and awareness in...
The Connect+ is a beautifully designed, high-quality, volume-limited wired headphones for children aged 3-7. Featuring the integrated SharePort to make sharing a little easier amongst kids. The Connect+ is made of high-quality polycarbonate wrapped in soft-touch fabric, making it foldable and durable.
The volume limits are 93 decibels with a 20Hz – 20kHz frequency response. In addition, 40mm drivers are ideal for in-ear sound reproduction. All iOS and Android devices and PCs, CD players, laptops, and other tablets are compatible.
6. POWMEE M1 Wired Foldable Adjustable Kids Headphones
- .Ajustable Headband: the ajustable headband can let you get a perfect fit for your head...
- Lightweight Design:a lightweight design fot kids age3 and up.it is pretty light but sturdy...
- Foldable Design: foldable design for a more compact storage,it is convenient to carry,you...
- Durable and Tangle-Free:the cord is nylon braided ,with 4.2 feet lenght, it is very...
- [Wide Compatibility & Supporting]:the wide-compatible 3. 5mm plug allow the headphones to...
Stereo bass wired headphones with 40mm drivers produce rich and clear audio, and it works with any 3.5mm socket. This headband has a snug pad that comfortably fits all head sizes. The foldable design saves space for travel and makes it simple to transport wherever you go.
The earmuff is extremely soft and comfortable to wear, and it can also block out ambient noise. The band is adjustable to ensure a perfect fit and lightweight design for long-lasting comfort, ideal for music, movies, games, and educational purposes. M1 Kids Headphones are suitable for children aged 3 and up.
7. Woice Bluetooth Wireless/Wired Kids Headphones
- LIMITED VOLUME 85 db, PROTECT YOUR KIDS LISTENING: the headphones is volume limited...
- AMAZING MUSIC EXPERIENCE AND 500mAh BATTERY: 40mm dividers with EQ techlogy,produce high...
- TRAVEL PARTNER: Adjustable headband and soft-padded cushion ensuring a perfect fit for...
- HIGH COMPATIBLE WITH MOST DEVICE: quickly pairing with iphone, android cellphone,tablet,...
- TIPS: The headphones was made of ABS plastics, please protect the headphones from dorping...
Freely switch from wired to wireless with these Bluetooth headphones for kids. They are wireless headphones that support sd cards, and when the battery life runs out, you can use the cord to continue listening to music! The battery was upgraded to 500mAh and has a battery life of 6-8 hours.
Your kid may enjoy high-quality music with high-definition stereo Bluetooth headphones, dramatic sound, and deep bass. These wireless kids' headphones have a maximum volume of 85 decibels. As a result, girls and boys can now enjoy their favorite material without putting their hearing in jeopardy. In addition, these wireless headphones are lightweight and foldable, making them easy to pack in a backpack for travel, car journeys, flights, and other similar situations.
8. Nenos Limited Volume Kids Headphones
- Splitters are not required to share audio. Nenos headphones connects another headphone...
- Kids Headphones Volume automatically limited to protect your child's ears
- Perfect size and fit for children These headphones are lightweight and feature soft,...
- This superior pair of headphones is exceptionally easy to carry around. As they are easily...
- Nenos, Premium headphones for kids are design and built for you children. No other...
Are you tired of having to replace your child's headphones every three months or less? These are the best headphones for kids on the market offered at a low price. There are no other headphones that compare in terms of quality and price. You can use the AUX port to attach other headphones and listen to music or watch movies. All Android and iOS devices are fully compatible. So now is the time to get these kids headphones and start listening to music with a safe volume limit.
9. Midola Bluetooth Wireless/Wired Kids Headphones
- (Switched 94dB :Kids to 110dB :Aldult )(12-month replacement warranty)Hearing Protection:...
- Multifunctional Bluetooth Headphones: 16 hrs playtime Bluetooth headphones(hands-free...
- Comfortable and Collapsible Design: The adjustable headband gives the headphones some...
- High Compatible With Most Device: Standard 3.5mm audio jack suitable for listening to...
- Ideal Gift Choice for Kids: 30 days 100% money back guaranty, 12-month replacement...
It's a fantastic present for your wonderful youngsters. These Bluetooth headphones are suitable for children over three and developing teenagers and adults. The best strategy to safeguard your child's hearing against progressive loss is to give them this pair of Bluetooth headphones with 85dB volume limits. These wireless headphones are made of robust material and have a plush earmuff that delivers a comfortable wearing experience for a long time.
When pressing and holding the pause/play button for three seconds, the limit can be increased to 110dB. These wireless headphones come with a 10-meter Bluetooth range with a 400 mAh battery capacity and a long battery life. The folding design is convenient for transport. This headset will be a great companion when you take your children on a trip, fly, or drive.
10. CozyPhones Over The Ear Headband Kids Headphones
- COMFORTABLE KIDS HEADPHONES: Headband earphones are a great alternative for girls & boys...
- VOLUME LIMITED FOR HEARING PROTECTION: The headband is soft and washable, and the thin...
- KIDS EARPHONES FOR SCHOOL & TRAVEL: The comfy and stretchy headband stays in place and...
- MADE TO LAST: Featuring a flexible and durable 52-inch braided cord that will not kink,...
- HEADBAND HEADPHONES FOR KIDS: Kids will love the characters and colors and won't struggle...
CozyPhones has just what you're looking for in terms of toddler headphones that will fit your child perfectly, stay in position, and that they will like wearing. CozyPhones were created to fit perfectly on the heads of small children, and because they're made of fleece, they're very soft (and washable), so youngsters adore wearing them.
Each set of CozyPhones has a volume limit of 90 decibels to protect small ears from loud noises. As a result, they're loud enough for your child to hear what they're listening to without being too loud to cause hearing damage.
The fleece band is stretchy, flexible, and won't tear. Under normal use, the flexible 52-inch braided cord and strong 3.5 mm stereo plug will not kink, twist, or snap. Kids enjoy CozyPhones because they are entertaining and very cute, and different from normal, boring headphones.
What to Consider When Buying Headphones for Toddlers
1. Which is it better, wired or wireless kids headphones?
If you're concerned that a wired headphone's cord will become tangled as your youngster wears it, consider a pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones. You'll have to remember to charge them, but it might be worth it in the long run. Some wireless toddler headphones also come with an audio cord, allowing you to choose whether or not to use them wirelessly.
2. Volume limiting
Volume limiting is a critical child-specific safety feature since it protects your child's hearing by preventing them from playing anything too loudly. According to the World Health Organization, the safe volume limit is 85 decibels. In addition, it explains why your child's headphones are quieter than yours.
Comfort is crucial if your child has sensory issues because they may be wearing their headphones for an extended period. Examine the cushioning around the ears, as some can provide more protection from the head and ear pressure than others. In addition, it's crucial to have the ability to move as your ears are growing. Material covers also differ, with some being more breathable than others.
If you know these headphones will be thrown around, yanked off the head, and possibly wet, you will want to invest in headphones that are built to last.
5. Size of the Ear Cup
Avoid using earphones or any other listening device that is placed into the ear canal with toddlers. It may be harmful to their ear health. Instead, choose on-ear or over-ear headphones. Make sure the ear cups are compatible with your child's ears, regardless of your choice.
You don't want the headphones to tumble or slide off your toddler's head every time they wear them. Look for over-ear headphones with soft ear cups, perhaps made of plush leather, to provide enough padding and protection for your children.
Although there are appealing designs of headphones for both boys and girls, you should select your child's style. The best kids' headphones are often colorful and loud in color. Some are also available in various themes, including animal, princess, and pirate. Although many headphones are simply worn over the ears, others are made of Velcro are wrapped around the head like a handkerchief.
Many kids enjoy wearing headphones with their favorite characters, including PAW Patrol, Pokemon, Mario, and unicorns. Choosing headphones that your child enjoys may encourage them to look after them and not lose or break them.
Make sure the price of the headphones is within your budget when purchasing them for your child. Keep in mind that your toddler will continue to grow; a pair of headphones, no matter how costly or inexpensive, will not fit them indefinitely.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss in Children
The greatest method to prevent hearing loss in your children is to use audio devices responsibly. Often, the harm has already been done by the time you identify a potential hearing problem in your child. However, a few crucial indicators to look for may indicate your infant or small child is suffering from hearing loss.
If you observe any of these symptoms, speak with your child's pediatrician right away; they may recommend you to a pediatric audiologist. Hearing loss symptoms differ greatly from one youngster to the next. According to the CDC, the following are some of the most prevalent symptoms:
- Not startled by loud noises
- Turning away from the source of a sound (if your child is 6 months or older)
- Hearing some sounds more clearly than others
- refusing to respond to their name
- Showing indicators of a speech impediment
- Having an unclear speech
- Can't follow spoken instructions
- Frequently asking you to repeat yourself
- Increasing the loudness of the television or music to unreasonably high levels
Are Noise-canceling Headphones Appropriate for Children?
Yes, children can use noise-canceling headphones. They might be able to assist with volume management. Kids can hear what they're listening to better because the sound around them is blocked, so they won't have to turn up the volume to dangerous levels to hear over the noise.
The disadvantage is that if a parent or caregiver tries to grab their child's attention while wearing noise-canceling headphones, the child may not hear them. Thankfully, noise-canceling headphones don't totally block out outside noise, so if an emergency occurs and an alarm sounds, your youngster is likely to hear the warning.
How Loud Should Headphones for Toddlers be?
The decibel (dB) scale measures the amount of sound energy and intensity in a confined location. The scale starts at 0 dB, which represents near-total quiet. The World Health Organization (WHO) has established that a maximum noise level of 85 decibels for eight hours of listening time per day is safe. Anything louder than 85 dB is potentially harmful to the ear.
High loudness levels might be dangerous, especially for children and teenagers. Because their ears have not fully grown, and they are still growing. High loudness levels in youngsters might cause ear damage or, worse, hearing loss over time. The best solution is using volume-limiting headphones, which reduce volume levels to acceptable limits.
Are There Headphones Suitable for Children?
Experts recommend that adults and kids listen to headphones for no more than two hours each day, even if the level is set to 85 decibels. Limiting the volume of headphones you give your kids is certainly a good idea if you want to protect their hearing, but some experts advise not giving them any headphones at all.
The WHO considers 85 decibels to be an adequate safety limit. Due to the growth and development of nerve fibers and other cells, children's ears are more sensitive to noise harm. The eardrum is also closer to the sound source due to its smaller external auditory canals. Therefore, investing in a good pair of headphones that regulates volume while limiting the time youngsters wear them is reasonable.
Many smartphones and tablets allow you to control the volume of your headphones. It is done via the Health app for iPhones and iPads, under Hearing and Headphone Audio Levels. In addition, you can set a volume limit on some Android phones. Volume Limiter, for example, is available on the Google Play store.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. When is it Appropriate for Infants to Wear Baby Headphones?
Any noise exceeding 85 dBA is harmful to a baby's health and necessitates baby headphones. In addition, noise-induced hearing loss can occur in as little as a few minutes without hearing protection.
Several common situations are notoriously noisy. For example, the average sporting event can reach 105 dBA or greater. Other potentially hazardous situations include weddings, concerts, parades, restaurants, airplanes and subways.
Are you unsure if a location is too noisy for your baby's ears? You may download a sound level meter app such as Decibel X, which is free, highly rated, and accessible on iOS and Android smartphones. When in doubt, it's best to be safe and wear ear protection.
2. Are headphones safer than earbuds?
For youngsters, headphones are typically considered to be safer than earbuds. Headphones are easier to manage the volume level than earbuds since there is more space between the headset and the eardrum. In addition, many kids' headphones are less prone to irritate the ear canal.
3. Are High-priced Headphones Worth It?
The greater the sound quality from the headphones, the less you'll need to crank up the volume. As a result, more expensive headphones are frequently the safer choice. Noise-canceling headphones, which are more expensive, will also give better protection because they eliminate the need to increase the level.
4. What Can I Do to Keep the Volume of My Toddlers' headphones Under Control?
If the headphones don't include a volume limiting feature, you can usually alter the device's settings to limit volume. The 'Settings' menu on most Android and Apple smartphones have a volume limiting option. If your toddler uses a kid's tablet, you can set the volume limit.
5. Do Children Require Microphones?
Most individuals link their headphones to their smartphones and use them to make and receive phone calls while on the go. However, it's less obvious whether the lack of a microphone is a disadvantage with children's headphones. Not every parent wants a microphone embedded into their child's headphones. For example, you might not want to encourage your youngster to use their headphones as a gaming headset.
6. Why Do Babies Require Baby Headphones?
Children's hearing is more sensitive than adults'. So the best headphones for toddlers reduce ambient noise, minimize ear damage, and allow babies to sleep when in a loud setting, so they won't miss a nap or be overwhelmed by the sounds.
Headphones for kids are a terrific addition to your toddler's burgeoning electronics collection, but there are a few things to consider. First, always keep an eye on your youngster when they are wearing headphones. Keep an eye on the volume controls and ensure they aren't used for an extended period.
Consider how you'll utilize the headphones for toddlers before making your purchase. Noise-canceling headphones that are foldable may be the ideal option for travel. Select headphones that reflect your child's passions. Allow kids to pick a favorite character! They'll appreciate them more and won't mind using them when the situation calls for it.