Wireless communication has majorly transformed the concept of how we use our smart devices. If your smartphone doesn't have a headphone jack or you prefer your favorite wired headphones with a Bluetooth device, you ought to have the best Bluetooth receiver for headphones.
The Bluetooth adapters for headphones will provide you with a new capability for your audio experience. These smart devices will allow you to establish two-way wireless communication and even listen to music. The advantage is that most smart devices come with updated Bluetooth technology, making it super easy to use the receivers.
Finding the best Bluetooth receiver for headphones can be a daunting task, and you can spend countless hours looking for the perfect option. Nevertheless, if you are aware of what to look for when shopping, you will have a much easier time. For that reason, we have a detailed review of the Bluetooth receivers for headphones. Read on to find out more about the receivers.
- What is a Bluetooth Headphone Receiver?
- Which are the best bluetooth receivers for headphones?
- 1. COMSOON [Upgraded] Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver for Wired Headphones
- 2. CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter Receiver for Wireless Music Streaming
- 3. TROND V5.0 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Receiver for TV to Headphones
- 4. Twelve South AirFly Pro for Wireless Headphones
- 5. APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones
- 6. 1Mii B06TX Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter for TV to Wireless Headphone
- 7. Bolle&Raven Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for Bose QuietComfort
- 8. TAOTRONIC Bluetooth Adapter and Transmitter
- What Factors Should I Consider when purchasing the Best Bluetooth Receivers?
- The Advantages of Using Bluetooth Headphone Adapters
- The Downsides of Bluetooth Headphone Receiver
- Frequently Asked Questions on The Best Bluetooth Headphone Adapters
What is a Bluetooth Headphone Receiver?
A Bluetooth adapter or receiver is a device that receives a Bluetooth signal from Bluetooth-enabled devices like a speaker, HiFi, car stereo or headphones, so that the device can receive audio that you are streaming and play it. The adapters come in different shapes, sizes and are usually extremely light, making them super portable.
The receivers have their controls, including built-in microphones and rechargeable batteries. The amazing thing is that the adapters have a long battery life that allows you to use them for outdoor and indoor activities for up to 8 hours. In addition, most of the receivers have a 3.5mm universal port that allows you to insert your headphones jack to make your favorite pair of wired headphones devices wireless.
These Bluetooth devices will not only provide wireless music streaming for your headphones or speakers but will make wired headphones wireless. Additionally, the receivers will allow you to have hand-free audio streaming whenever you're using it, even when you are driving.
Now that you understand what a Bluetooth receiver for headphones is, we have reviewed the top eight choices in the market for you.
Which are the best bluetooth receivers for headphones?
1. COMSOON [Upgraded] Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver for Wired Headphones
- 【Enjoy Wireless Streaming Music】This car Bluetooth adapter can be connected to...
- 【Intelligent Noise Reduction Tech】Our Bluetooth audio receiver adopts the latest...
- 【Up to 16 Hours of Battery Life】The working time of this aux Bluetooth adapter is up...
- 【Hands-free Calling & Navigation】A built-in microphone and one “MFB” button to...
- 【Dual Connection】The portable Bluetooth stereo adapter can be paired with 2 devices at...
COMSOON Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver for Wired Headphones is one of the best Bluetooth receivers that will allow you to wireless stream your music whenever you wish. The adapter can effortlessly connect to headphones, a non-Bluetooth car audio system, speakers and wired headphones via the 3.5 mm port. It also comes with a Bluetooth chip that offers a stable connection and fast transmission even with wide signal ranges.
This best Bluetooth adapter also features a CVC8.0 intelligent noise reduction and a DSP or a digital Signal Processor that will help eliminate any echo or ay background noises. You are guaranteed impeccable sound quality and high-quality audio with these two features. In addition, the audio adapter has a long battery life that allows you to call and listen to music for up to 16 hours non-stop. Furthermore, it only takes two and a half hours to completely charge the adapter using the fast charging type C charger that comes with it.
The audio adapter also comes with a built-in microphone and an MFB button that allows you to redial, hang up, reject, or answer your calls each time you have a phone call. It also supports broadcasting voice notifications that come pretty hand, especially when driving. Even better, this best Bluetooth adapter allows you to connect to multiple devices at the same time.
2. CoolStream Duo Bluetooth Adapter Receiver for Wireless Music Streaming
- RESCUE YOUR BOSE SoundDock. Use the CoolStream Duo with Bluetooth 5.0 to stream your music...
- DOES NOT work with CARs as Audi, Infiniti, Mercedes and BMW with 30 pin cables we...
- WORKS WITH all models of iPhone, Android phones and any other Bluetooth enabled devices....
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY and customer service located in New Hampshire. Click “Sold by...
- ADD BLUETOOTH to your wired headphones or stereo receiver by connecting them to the...
CoolStream Duo audio adapters are the best and most affordable receivers in the market that will offer high-quality wireless connectivity. This device will help you save on money and help you easily convert your old wired headphones into Bluetooth-enabled devices that will connect to your new phone. In addition, the adapter has a compact and small design that allows it to fit your hand, making it easy to carry it everywhere you go.
The audio stereo adapter has a Bluetooth signal range within 30 feet at max that allows you to use the adapter perfectly within the range. It also has a long battery life that will allow the device to run for up to five hours after it is fully charged, and it only takes 2 to 3 hours to charge it completely.
CoolStream Duo has a great and satisfying build that ensures that you get the best from the adapter. The best bit is that this device comes with a 3.5 mm audio cable that allows you to convert your wired source into Bluetooth devices. This means you can use your wired headphones, wired earbuds, old speakers, or any wired device wirelessly. Even better, the sound quality of the wired devices will not be affected by the connectivity.
3. TROND V5.0 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Receiver for TV to Headphones
- APTX & APTX LOW LATENCY. Powered by premium CSR8670 chipset, TROND 2-in-1 Wireless Audio...
- TROND BT-DUO transmit stereo audio wirelessly from your non-Bluetooth audio sources such...
- With the feature of aptX LL in the RX mode, the Bluetooth adapter offers an economical...
- Dual Stream & Multipoint. In the TX mode, TROND Bluetooth transmitter can be paired to two...
- Compact design, carry anywhere. Bluetooth transmitter for tv, weights only 0.5oz, some...
TROND V5.0 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Receiver is a two-in-one adapter that is also quite affordable. It features a 4.1V with CSR chip and an A2DP that gives you a great signal range whenever using the adapter. The great bit is that this device is a transceiver meaning it is both a transmitter and a receiver while in transmitter mode and can effortlessly be paired with two devices simultaneously.
This device weighs 0.5 ounces and has dimensions of 1.8×1.3×0.3, making it super lightweight. It also comes with a one-year and six-month warranty, which guarantees that you get a high-quality product. Additionally, the adapter has a long battery life, provides you with 8-hour continuous playtime, and charges fully within two hours.
The adapter supports Bluetooth 5.0 and almost all audio codecs like aptX and AAC, meaning it sounds great regardless of the device you are using. What's more, the adapter comes with a 3.5 mm male-to-male cable, micro USB charging cable and a user's manual.
4. Twelve South AirFly Pro for Wireless Headphones
- Designed, sold & supported by Twelve South, a family-owned small business in Charleston,...
- NO MORE CORDS: Wirelessly transmit audio from in-flight entertainment, gym equipment,...
- NEVER RUN OUT OF BATTERY LIFE: AirFly Pro has a battery life of 16+ hours to cover even...
- TRANSMIT / RECEIVE WITHOUT WIRES: AirFly Pro has a 10m/33ft reach so you can relax with...
- Use AirFly Pro where there is no Bluetooth available to allow item such as wired...
The AirFly Pro is another perfect option you could go for if you are looking to get a high-quality adapter. This adapter is carefully designed and built by the Twelve South, a family-owned company. The adapter has a 3.5 mm port that allows you to use your wired or non-Bluetooth devices to have wireless connectivity.
The adapter is pretty easy to set up and use. The device even allows you to pair multiple devices at the same time, meaning you could effortlessly connect two headphones to the adapter. In addition, the AirFly provides you with impressive 16-hour battery life and can fully charge within three hours. It also gives you a 33-foot range that is wide enough to allow you to listen to music even as you work.
This audio adapter reinforces most audio codes like ptX Low Latency, aptX and SBC audio. In addition, this AirFly Pro adapter comes with a micro USB -C charging cable with fast charging capabilities, a travel pouch and a quick start guide or manual.
5. APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones
- Turned any Wired Earphones, Headphones, Wired Speakers into Wireless Ones!
- Feature Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR allows Full-speed transmission and Low power consumption.
- The simplest hands-free solution for calls and music.
- Big Buttons for play, track and volume and controls. Perfect for doing sports.
- Compatible with iPhones, iPad, iPod, Android smartphones, tablets and other Wireless...
Apekx clip Bluetooth adapter is a perfect choice if you want a receiver that offers a built-in receiver and microphone for hands-free calling. This adapter works perfectly with any Bluetooth device, and it is also relatively affordable compared to other similar options. In addition, it could seamlessly convert your headsets to wireless devices and still offer great sound quality.
The APEKX Clip Bluetooth Adapter features easy-to-use buttons that will help you raise and lower your device's volume as you wish. The buttons will also allow you to answer or end calls and still play tracks when listening to your audio. The amazing bit is that the adapter is super easy to use and pair to any of your favorite Bluetooth devices.
What's more, this hands-free calling adapter has a compact and lightweight design that allows you even to have it in the pocket as you go. The only downside is that most people complain it is hard to share a list of compatible devices.
6. 1Mii B06TX Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter for TV to Wireless Headphone
- 【ENTER WIRELESS AGE w/ minimal COST】Upgrade non-smart/non-Bluetooth TV to pair...
- 【MINDLESS OPERATION】No need to be a tech junkie，Simply press the power button to...
- 【SHARE TV,DOUBLE HAPPINESS】Press 2 Bluetooth buttons to connect 2 headphones or...
- 【LONGER RANGE,NO DELAY】 Dual antenna design amplifies the TV signal so you can hear...
- 【WE ARE NOT CHEAP】Life will eventually reward wise consumers who have a higher pursuit...
1Mii B06TX Bluetooth adapter is a fairly priced device that will not only help you save up some money but will help you convert your wired devices into Bluetooth-enabled devices. This device also allows you to connect to your old devices and even your new phone effortlessly.
The adapter is pretty easy to use, and you only need to press a button to switch the adapter on, and it will automatically connect. The amazing bit is that it connects to almost all devices and is compatible with 99% of headphones, TVs and speakers. Moreover, the receiver supports AUX port or RCA audio output.
The 1Mii B06TX Bluetooth adapter has a satisfying build that ensures that you get the best from the adapter. The best bit is that this device comes with an audio cable that allows you to convert your wired source into any Bluetooth-enabled device. This means you can wirelessly use your wired headphones, wired earbuds, old speakers, or any wired source.
7. Bolle&Raven Wireless Bluetooth Adapter for Bose QuietComfort
- UNWIRE AND UPGRADE your Bose QC 25 headphones to wireless functionality using this...
- Apple + Android Compatible: easily access the controls (volume, song skip etc.) and still...
- PLAY ON, the internal battery provides up to 8 hours of uninterrupted playback and talk...
- Built-in mic and controls makes switching from phone calls to music a breeze (apple /...
- What you get: The wireless adapter, Charging cable, User guide and our 18 Month Guarantee...
If you are looking for a super-light and portable option, you could go for the Bolle&Raven Wireless Bluetooth Adapter. This adapter allows you to move freely when your headphones are on any other device. It also comes with easy-to-control buttons at the bottom to easily use the adapter.
The receiver has a power button with an LED indicator light that lights up whenever you press the play or pause button. The button will also allow you to answer/ reject calls and even add volume. These adapters also come with a small built-in microphone that allows you to communicate with your friends or make communication via the call. The great bit about the adapter is that it does not change the sound quality.
Bolle&Raven Wireless Bluetooth adapter bose QuietComfort pairs quickly with all Apple or Android devices, and any Bluetooth enabled. The adapter is a well-built device made with high-quality plastic that makes it super durable. Moreover, it comes in black color with a matte finish, and it can fit perfectly in a cup of the Bose QC25.
8. TAOTRONIC Bluetooth Adapter and Transmitter
Taotronics Bluetooth receiver/adapter is a two-in-one device paired with two devices simultaneously. It allows you to have Bluetooth connectivity everywhere, and you could turn your old wired devices, making it ideal for headphones, TV, PC, CD and iPod.
This Bluetooth adapter has intelligent noise reduction and a DSP or a digital Signal Processor that will help get rid of any echo or ay background noise, meaning it provides high audio quality. In addition, the audio adapter has a long battery life that allows you to listen to music for up to 16 hours non-stop. Similarly, it only takes two hours to fully charge the adapter using the fast charging type C charger that comes with it.
What's more, the receiver has easy-to-use buttons, volume controls and playback controls tha require a long press. Nonetheless, this device does not come with a microphone which minimizes the transmitter's prospect as support for hands-free calls.
What Factors Should I Consider when purchasing the Best Bluetooth Receivers?
1. Long Battery Life
When purchasing the best Bluetooth headphone adapter, you must consider its battery life. Battery life is one of the most important factors since it means you will not have to change them now and then. Therefore, it is advisable to look for a receiver that can provide continuous listening for more than ten hours without interruption. You could also consider how the adapter you purchase is charged and settle for a faster charger with a Micro USB C cable.
One of the ways to tell if the receiver has a great long battery life is to check the customer reviews. If you spot some complaints about the battery life, you should look for better options.
Again, when you plan to purchase the best Bluetooth receiver for headphones, you need to understand its purpose carefully. First, you need to know when and how the product should be used. For instance, if you intend to use wired devices like your old earbuds, you should probably consider a small adapter since they are light, and you could use it for running. Also, you could get one with a clip to clip it on when you are working.
3. Transmitter and Receiver Mode
You should also consider the transmitter and receiver mode of the receiver you purchase. Most of the best Bluetooth receivers for headphones have great features that allow you to use two devices at th same time. This way, you can connect to your favorite smart devices concurrently, which is a great feature to have if you are looking for a Bluetooth adapter for personal use.
4. Built-In Microphone
Another fantastic feature you could look for in these Bluetooth devices is a built-in microphone for hand-free calling or communication. Furthermore, an adapter with built-in microphones taking calls will be much easier because you only need to press a button.
You will find that most Bluetooth adapters are perfectly compatible with many headphones and smart devices. However, you will find that some are only compatible with wired receives only or vise versa. If you still want to use your favorite wired headphones with a 3.5 mm jack, you could look for an adapter with a 3.5 port, but if you have a device with a smaller jack, it will not connect with the 3.5mm port adapter. Thereby you will need to get an adapter with the special ports.
Also, getting a receiver that pairs seamlessly with your devices will come in handy. The wireless connection should be strong enough to play without continuously skipping or pausing. The connectivity range is something you should look at, ensure that you get a device that will give you a maximum Bluetooth range
6. Price range
Additionally, it would be best to plan before purchasing the best Bluetooth adapter for headphones. You need to research how the adapters are prized to range how much you should save for. The prices will vary based on various factors like the brand, durability, connectivity and the store you are buying from. Therefore you must ensure tha you get the best deal when making the purchase.
7. Easy to Use
Ultimately, you will also need to get an ease-of-use adapter. Even if you get the right adapter or receiver that is too difficult to operate, it will still give you difficulty even using it successfully. When making the purchase, ensure that the buttons or volume controls are working perfectly fine are easy to use.
The Advantages of Using Bluetooth Headphone Adapters
1. The Bluetooth headphone adapters are lightweight and highly portable
Most of the receivers usually come in very small sizes, making them lightweight and portable. In most cases, the receivers will not go over three inches, but you will find some with unique shapes to be longer. In addition, most of the receivers will not have a weight that goes over one ounce, making them very portable. You can put them in your bag or pocket as you carry on your daily activities listening to your favorite music.
2. The Bluetooth adapters are widely compatible
As mentioned before in this article, most Bluetooth headphone adapters are compatible with almost all devices. Most f them will come with a 3.5 mm port that you can connect with a headphone with a 3.5 mm jack which is all the devices we have today. Additionally, most of them come with a 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable that will greatly help if you want to connect to a non-Bluetooth-enabled device.
3. Bluetooth receiver for headphones work wirelessly
The Bluetooth headphone adapters are not wireless, but you are assured that you will have easier movements. It is easy to make your wired headphones wireless with Bluetooth receivers. Additionally, you will minimize the risk of accidentally dropping or breaking your phone, mostly caused by a wired connection.
4. The receiver is pretty easy to use
Another major advantage of the receiver is that it is pretty easy to use and set up. In some cases, you will notice that you only need to press a single button to enable connectivity. All in all, every Bluetooth headphone adapter comes with a guide or manual that will help you easily use and understand the device better.
The Downsides of Bluetooth Headphone Receiver
1. Bluetooth adapters have a limited signal range
The receivers /adapters have the advantage of cutting the annoying wires and making movement hustle-free, though they will usually have a limited connectivity range. The Bluetooth signal range is always limited regardless of the Bluetooth version. However, the range will vary from device to device, and you will find some with larger ranges than others.
Most of the Bluetooth headphone adapters will usually have a signal range of 3o feet, but you will find some that will offer a signal range of up to 65 feet. Unfortunately, it means you are limited to using the receiver within the circle of 30 or 65 feet, and if you step out of the range, you will experience signal loss of a low sound rate.
2. Bluetooth connection is not very stable
The Bluetooth connection is usually not perfectly stable in most cases, and you might experience some signal cutouts. This will mostly happen if you are stretching the Bluetooth range limited and in some adapters when you even place them in your pocket. In some cases, you will find that the receiver has been completely disconnected from your device and might need to reconnect.
However, if you purchase the best Bluetooth adapers and have a great phone and headphones, you will have smooth connectivity. So aim at getting the best product to get the best outcome.
3. The adapters can disable the controls on your headphones
One other downside is that once you have connected your devices like the headphones, car stereo or speakers to your receiver /adapter, Almost all the controls on your smart device will lose their function. This means that if you cannot use the controls on your headphones, you will primarily need to use controls on your receiver to either add volume, receive or end phone calls.
4. The headphone adapters are not completely universal
You will find that you can get a headphone adapter that is not completely universal. Therefore you will need to pay attention to the port and jacks that the Bluetooth headphone adapter you want to purchase has. For example, in some cases, you can find that the headphones you own have a 2.5 mm jack, whereas the adapter has a 3.5mm port meaning you will not be able to use the receiver with the headphones. Then you will be required to purchase special adapters that, in most cases, are more expensive.
Frequently Asked Questions on The Best Bluetooth Headphone Adapters
1. Can you connect Bluetooth headphones to a receiver?
Yes, it is possible to connect Bluetooth headphones to a receiver. If you want an adapter to pair with your headphones, you only need to press a button in most cases. The good part is tha the receivers will come with manuals or quick guides that you could follow to do th connection successfully. Moreover, most of the adapters out there are pretty easy to use.
2. Does Bluetooth Adapter affect sound quality?
The best Bluetooth receiver for headphones will not affect the audio quality of what you are listening to. However, you will find that some will have even better bandwidth. For example, you will find that the Bluetooth 5 will have better bandwidth and other advanced improvements than Bluetooth 4. The audio codecs the receiver uses are more important for sound quality. The best adapter to get in terms of quality used the APTX code.
3. How long do Bluetooth receivers last?
The duration that the headphone adapter you have will last will majorly depend on the quality of battery life. You will find that most of the best receivers use high-quality lithium batteries that, when they are fully charged, can be used for up to 10 hours of continuous playing. Additionally, most of these devices will take a maximum of two and a half hours to charge fully.
4. What is the primary difference between a Bluetooth transmitter and a receiver?
The receiver/ adapters and the transmitters are essential tools when it comes to th th current Bluetooth technology. Most importantly, they are great for people while loving great quality sound while listening to music. Both the adapers and the transmitter have many similarities, but one major difference is that the transmitter sends out signals whereas the receiver receives or takes in the Bluetooth signals.
5. Can an iPhone receive Bluetooth audio?
Of course, you can easily connect your receiver to an iPhone and receive great Bluetooth audio. It is pretty easy to use the receiver if you have the latest iPhone model, even though they do not come with the headphone jack. This way, you only need Bluetooth as your option. This will also happen to most Android devices that you may have, and the only advantage is that most android phones have the 3.55mm jack that connects with the 3.5mm port in your favorite Bluetooth headphone adapter.