As technology is getting more and more advanced, some little tweaks and tricks make life much easier. Tweaks such as the hand-free operation of devices or Bluetooth are some of the best inventions of this century. Additionally, there are clever conversions such as converting wired headphones to Bluetooth-enabled headphones in an instant, which brings us to our topic, Bluetooth adapter for headphones jack. Let us discuss:
- What Is A Bluetooth Adapter For Headphones Jack?
- Are bluetooth adapters for headphones jack any better?
- Best Bluetooth Headphone Adapter
- 1) Fiio μBTR 3 HiFi Bluetooth Receiver
- 2) APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones
- 3) Maybesta Bluetooth 5.0 Aux Music Adapter
- 4) 1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver
- 5) Twelve South AirFly Pro Wireless Transmitter/Receiver
- 6) Bolle & Raven Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
- 7)COMSOON Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver
- 8) TROND V5.0 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Receiver
- What Can You Do If Your Bluetooth Adapter Sounds Horrible?
- Why Do You Need A Bluetooth Adapter?
- The Bottom Line
What Is A Bluetooth Adapter For Headphones Jack?
A Bluetooth adapter for headphones jack supports all kinds of music and audio. Bluetooth headphone adapters are compatible with most headphones or headsets. Any Bluetooth headphone adapter supports any device that has a jack. You can hook up a pair of Bluetooth headphones to any other Bluetooth-enabled device with an audio jack. With a Bluetooth headphone adapter, you have a reliable Bluetooth connection.
Additionally, adapters are very easy to use. They can be used with portable speakers and car stereos apart from the normal uses. You can even pair a Bluetooth adapter to your television, laptop or tablet to have the sound to yourself. Most devices that require an adapter are older devices. If you are spoilt for choice, then the best option would be to buy a pair of headphones with Bluetooth. Bluetooth adapters solve an uncommon problem.
A Bluetooth headphone adapter requires a headphone jack so that it is easily plugged in. A Bluetooth adapter essentially adds Bluetooth to a device that lacks it. Most wireless headphones transmit sound via Bluetooth receivers placed in them. Wired headphones, on the other hand, do not have Bluetooth. Therefore a Bluetooth device simply connects to the source via an audio cable and wirelessly broadcasts audio to your headphones.
We have compiled the top 8 Bluetooth headphone adapters in the list below.
Are bluetooth adapters for headphones jack any better?
Best Bluetooth Headphone Adapter
1) Fiio μBTR 3 HiFi Bluetooth Receiver
- World's first Bluetooth amp to support all wireless sound formats: AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX...
- Premium Qualcomm CSR8645 Bluetooth chip + independent AK4376A DAC
- New Type-C connector with USB DAC functionality+11 hour of continuous pleasure at a full...
- Can be remotely controlled via FiiO Music app
- Bluetooth indicator light + one-touch NFC pairing+Call up Siri in iOS
Our first choice is the Fiio μBTR because of its simple design. The BTR3 uses Bluetooth 4.2 to support all wireless audio codecs. For example, AAC, SBC, aptX codec, aptX Low Latency codec, aptX HD, LDAC, and LHDC. This Bluetooth headphone adapter has extremely low distortion levels to ensure the sound quality is superb. It has inbuilt Qualcomm CVC technology for noise cancellation to ensure your audio quality is close to perfect.
It also has a one-touch pairing, and it can pair easily with any other machine that is compatible. You can listen to all of your favorite music and elevate your listening experience. With a simple tap, you can easily connect this Bluetooth transmitter to your car's audio system. The BTR3 has a USB C-type connector as well as a USB DAC connection. It is a simple plug-and-play situation. It also has control buttons for easy maneuvering. Lastly, it also has 11 hours of playback on a single charge.
2) APEKX Clip Bluetooth Audio Adapter for Headphones
- Turned any Wired Earphones, Headphones, Wired Speakers into Wireless Ones!
- Feature Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR allows Full-speed transmission and Low power consumption.
- The simplest hands-free solution for calls and music.
- Big Buttons for play, track and volume and controls. Perfect for doing sports.
- Compatible with iPhones, iPad, iPod, Android smartphones, tablets and other Wireless...
Featuring Bluetooth 4.1, this adapter lets you convert any device into a wireless device. You can now turn your favorite pair of wired headphones into Bluetooth headphones. It has a clip which makes it easier to clip onto belts, clothing, lapels, or bags. All the volume controls and playback buttons are conveniently located on this small adapter. Additionally, it is also hands-free even when you are taking calls.
It is also designed with noise cancellation and noise reduction. So if you are streaming wirelessly on this receiver, there won't be any background noise during calls and when listening to music. Connecting it is also easy as it is a simple plug-and-play gadget. Furthermore, it is super lightweight and easy to carry around. The rechargeable battery lasts about seven hours, and the built-in microphone aids any calls you might receive.
3) Maybesta Bluetooth 5.0 Aux Music Adapter
- Upgrade Bluetooth 5.0: Our Bluetooth adapter adopting the latest Bluetooth 5.0 chip, via...
- Hands Free Calls and Navigation: Our wireless auxiliary Bluetooth transmitter receiver car...
- Dual Mode of Transmitting Receiving: This small and potable Bluetooth adapter have dual...
- Wide Compatible: Our Mini universal Bluetooth transmitter can via plug 3.5mm audio cable...
- Long Battery Life and Quality Warranty: Our Bluetooth adapter is up to 4H long battery...
Adopting the latest 5.0 Bluetooth technology, this Bluetooth receiver is a fast gadget that ensures instant pairing. Additionally, it has a stable long-range connection that comes in handy when you have to reconnect to your gadgets automatically. The best part for sure is that this device can be paired easily to any Bluetooth gadget as long as the device supports Bluetooth 4.0 and above. Furthermore, the in-built microphone makes it easy to pick and hang up calls.
You can hang up calls by a long press of the multi-function button. When you are driving, you can easily have a hands-free experience because of the voice navigation it is equipped with. It also has a dual-mode of transmitting and receiving. Transmitting and receiving mode can be activated via the right button to easily switch between modes. In addition, the 3.5mm audio cable in the aux jack can connect to all non-Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as your wired headphones.
4) 1Mii Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver
- [Dual Link] 1Mii ML301 Bluetooth transmitter can be paired to two Bluetooth headphones or...
- [Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver] The Bluetooth aux adapter can be used as transmitter...
- [aptX LL/aptX HD] Featuring aptX Low Latency and aptX HD technology, 1Mii Bluetooth audio...
- [Bluetooth 5.0 & Easy Setup] The latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology enables faster and more...
- [Outstanding Battery] Built-in battery delivers 10 hours of using in transmitter mode and...
To ensure a more stable connection, the 1Mii Bluetooth is equipped with a 5.0 Bluetooth range. This is one of the Bluetooth receivers that can simultaneously support functions in two devices compared to only one. In addition, the aptx low latency ensures there is noise cancellation, and you can listen to high audio quality. As one of the best Bluetooth receivers, you can pair it with many devices, including android devices.
Bluetooth headphone adapters stream high-quality stereo sound to your home stereo system, Bluetooth headphones or car speakers. When you turn it on, it will automatically pair to any nearby connected gadget or existing headphones. While the device can use both transmitter and receiver functions at the same time, it is recommended that you only use one function. This maximizes the functionality for everyday use.
5) Twelve South AirFly Pro Wireless Transmitter/Receiver
- Designed, sold & supported by Twelve South, a family-owned small business in Charleston,...
- NO MORE CORDS: Wirelessly transmit audio from in-flight entertainment, gym equipment,...
- NEVER RUN OUT OF BATTERY LIFE: AirFly Pro has a battery life of 16+ hours to cover even...
- TRANSMIT / RECEIVE WITHOUT WIRES: AirFly Pro has a 10m/33ft reach so you can relax with...
- Use AirFly Pro where there is no Bluetooth available to allow item such as wired...
With an elongated battery life of up to 16 hours, you can use this Bluetooth connection for Bluetooth headphones, Airpods, Nintendo switch, and TV. Bluetooth receivers work by having unlimited applications on one tiny gadget. The Air fly Pro has a range of 33ft which means you can game in peace without wires and cables being in the way. Additionally, you can also transmit wirelessly when working out. Bluetooth receivers such as the Airfly Pro can connect to gym equipment.
If you are ever in a rental car, you can easily send audio from your phone or tablet to the car stereo. Aside from that, this headphone jack can be used on multiple devices. Sometimes you can have two pairs of listening devices connected at the same time. But best of all, this is a great travel accessory because you can also listen to the in-flight entertainment system.
6) Bolle & Raven Wireless Bluetooth Adapter
- UNWIRE AND UPGRADE your Bose QC 25 headphones to wireless functionality using this...
- Apple + Android Compatible: easily access the controls (volume, song skip etc.) and still...
- PLAY ON, the internal battery provides up to 8 hours of uninterrupted playback and talk...
- Built-in mic and controls makes switching from phone calls to music a breeze (apple /...
- What you get: The wireless adapter, Charging cable, User guide and our 18 Month Guarantee...
A company called Bolle & Raven came up with the genius idea to develop a Bluetooth adapter for Bose QuietComfort headphones. Using Bluetooth 4.1, these Bluetooth headphone adapters were specifically made to upgrade Bose QC headphones. However, the functionality isn't limited to just these headphones. They are also suitable for use as receivers or transmitters for other Apple or Android gadgets.
Additionally, they have super fast pairing and eliminate the need for wires. If they have power, they can last up to 8 hours. Furthermore, the built-in microphone and controls ensure you can easily switch from one sound to the next or switch between music and phone calls easily. It also offers noise cancellation so that you can listen to clear audio.
7)COMSOON Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver
- 【Enjoy Wireless Streaming Music】This car Bluetooth adapter can be connected to...
- 【Intelligent Noise Reduction Tech】Our Bluetooth audio receiver adopts the latest...
- 【Up to 16 Hours of Battery Life】The working time of this aux Bluetooth adapter is up...
- 【Hands-free Calling & Navigation】A built-in microphone and one “MFB” button to...
- 【Dual Connection】The portable Bluetooth stereo adapter can be paired with 2 devices at...
The multi-function button for play and pause and one-touch answering along with the button for volume adjustment and next and previous track is impressive. It is sensitive, and you need only a short press to activate a function. This Bluetooth AUX adapter is small and super lightweight, which makes it very easy to carry. You can now enjoy wireless music everywhere you go. You can also pair it with your car stereo every time you are on the move.
To conserve battery power, this receiver will turn off if it hasn't been paired within the first five minutes of turning it on. Its signal range is 33ft which enables it to connect widely with two devices or more. However, before purchasing this receiver, ensure the Bluetooth codecs match on both devices you want to pair. Failure to ensure this might cause a lag in the audio.
8) TROND V5.0 Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Receiver
- APTX & APTX LOW LATENCY. Powered by premium CSR8670 chipset, TROND 2-in-1 Wireless Audio...
- TROND BT-DUO transmit stereo audio wirelessly from your non-Bluetooth audio sources such...
- With the feature of aptX LL in the RX mode, the Bluetooth adapter offers an economical...
- Dual Stream & Multipoint. In the TX mode, TROND Bluetooth transmitter can be paired to two...
- Compact design, carry anywhere. Bluetooth transmitter for tv, weights only 0.5oz, some...
This gadget features the most premium CSR8670 Bluetooth receivers V5.0 chipset, which makes it a very handy device for those who want to get away from wires. So you can peacefully enjoy music and keep the sound all to yourself instead of disturbing those around you. Additionally, you can use this adapter to connect to your headphones, iPod, e-Book reader, or car stereo, among others. If there is a noticeable audio lag, make sure to check the low latency codec.
At any given time, you can add two devices, for example, your TV and headphones. After pairing the receiver to your TV, you can also pair a set of headphones. You can now enjoy low latency audio any time you want. Furthermore, it is the perfect travel companion, gym partner and even chilling partner. You don't have to stop using it when it is charging. You can use it at any time.
What Can You Do If Your Bluetooth Adapter Sounds Horrible?
Adding wireless audio to any gadget is a bonus. Our main goal here is to add wireless connectivity via a Bluetooth receiver to any headphone or gadget with a 3.5mm headphone jack. Depending on the use you have for the gadget you want to equip with a wireless connection, there are different options to select from. Additionally, each pair of Bluetooth adapters has its own advantages and disadvantages. The most common disadvantage is a horrible sound. Here are some things you can do if your sound isn't what you expect.
a) Disable The Phone Call Feature
If you have scratchy or barely audible audio, it might be a result of the phone call feature. Your gadget is probably not treating your audio as high-quality audio. Disabling the phone call feature is important in connecting your adapter to high-quality audio. Additionally, if you try to play music through the phone call feature, it will sound horrible because of reduced quality. You should switch the phone call feature off as soon as your sound gets scratchy.
To change the settings, ensure you can access your adapters settings. The settings should be located in the general settings of any gadget. You can also search for the settings. After you find them, you can complete the change by disabling the phone call settings.
b) Play Around With Equalizer Settings
Many computers and phones have sound settings in the equalizer. The equalizer provides a way in which you can enhance the audio quality of your adapters' microphone. Going wireless is helpful. However, connecting the adapter might not always be a "plug and play" situation. You might need to go through a few adjustments, such as Bass control. Changing these settings can be the change your adapter needs.
However, you should know that it isn't always the best decision for your audio quality to change settings. If you get more distortion than clear sound, then you should turn off all equalizer settings. Sometimes equalizer settings cause more distortion than normal. Turning them off even on the music app you use will be helpful.
c) Lower Volume
You might be the type of listener addicted to music. When we enjoy the music, we tend to increase the volume. However, you might start to experience distortion in your now wireless headphones. To continue using your adapter for longer, you should consider lowering the volume. Blasting your music or audio at full volume can distort your audio quality. Additionally, if you lower the volume and your microphone sounds better, then your speaker cannot handle the volume power you require.
Distortion at loud volumes is probably a speaker problem. Distortion at loud volumes might be annoying, especially on calls. The call feature on most wireless headphones is not as great as it may appear. Therefore, a good choice of Bluetooth receiver is super important.
d) Low-Quality Audio
If your audio sounds scratchy or distorted, you might also want to try looking at the audio itself. It might not be the Bluetooth receiver's fault; it might be the audio. Sometimes when we download audio off the internet, we might think it's high quality. However, this is not always the case. Many sites record the audio from other sources, and you end up with low-quality audio. So before you download any songs, ensure to check the quality.
Additionally, be selective of any music applications you use. Some of them don't always have the best quality sound when it comes to music. You can also try to conduct a quick search online to find the best music applications. An adapter can be the cause of a sound problem, but that isn't always the case.
e) Damage To The Adapter
After connecting your adapter, it might sound good until one day it starts acting up. Now sometimes, it is a problem related to the software part of the gadget. Other times, however, it is not a software problem. As we use receivers day after day, they are prone to water and dust damage. So, before you throw away your receiver, you should check the gadget for water or dust damage. This can be done by extensively looking at the gadget.
If you are convinced it is dust damage, you can try cleaning out the parts with a Q-tip or toothpick. Clean out as much dust as you can. Don't wet the Q-tip with anything. It might lead to more damage. However, if the damage is caused by water, then you may be stuck buying a new one. Weird sounds and distortion can also be caused by debris blocking integral parts of your gadget.
f) Disconnect Other Bluetooth Gadgets Around
Sometimes the sound on your gadget might sound strained. Bluetooth receivers might not function at their best with more than 2 devices connected. This is due to the fact that most of them are made to fully support at least two devices at once. If there are many devices plugged into it, it might not function. It might also strain to function. That's when distortion occurs. If your smartwatch or other device is connected, the audio might sound distorted.
Disconnecting other devices will get your sound clearer compared to what it was. If unplugging one device gets you better sound, then the problem it might be many devices plugged into it.
g) Check For Transmitter/Receiver
Up to this point, you might have already selected your adapter. However, you have to carefully select your adapter. Some adapters have both a transmitter and a receiver. Others have either a receiver or a transmitter. In most cases, selecting a dongle that receives and transmits can alter the sound as you listen to music or take a call. Therefore, cleaning up your music and sound should be the first thing you look at. Additionally, the codec between your gadgets and the USB Bluetooth dongle should be compatible.
Why Do You Need A Bluetooth Adapter?
There are many advantages to using an adapter. The most common reason is making your wired headphones wireless. Let's face it; wired headphones are being phased out. When wireless options exist, there is no need for the tangle and mess that comes with wired headphones. Generally speaking, any type of wire is a mess. Here are other reasons you might need an adapter as soon as possible.
- Easy connection between your iPhone or Android and other gadgets you have. Most adapters can support two or multiple gadgets. This is the perfect model for you if you are constantly in between switching gadgets.
- Mobility is an important factor to consider. With a wireless gadget, you can move about without being tied to one specific gadget. For instance, gaming headsets need to be wireless so you can take bathroom breaks at any time without being completely attached to your computer.
- Ease of use. There are different types of adapters. Most of them are super easy to use. Additionally, they are an easy plug-and-play gadget. They do have a software component. However, it is easy to navigate most settings.
- Affordable. Being affordable is one thing that makes an adapter available to anyone. As long as a gadget is affordable and it works, then most households will have it. Not many drawbacks exist when you purchase an adapter. However, it is easy to select a gadget that doesn't work.
The Bottom Line
Selecting the right adapter for you is key. This is because there are very many adapters out there. However, not each of them has a long lifespan. In many instances, some of them never last past one month of usage. What matters is that your pair of wired headphone and any other gadgets work perfectly.