There is a gradual rise in portable media consumption, and young users are not left out, especially tablets, phones, iPads, and other portable devices. Therefore it's wise to buy them their headphones instead of using mom's and dad's headsets. Ensure the headphones are built for the job. However, you don't have to worry; the best kids' Bluetooth headphones have a child-friendly design and are built for the job. Besides, the kids' headphones are designed to protect your child's hearing as they can never turn the volume level too loud.
Conversely, deciding on the best headphones for kids is not that easy as buying something cheap. Your kids' hearing is crucial, and you should protect it from a young age. And since their body is still developing, you want to prevent any hearing damage and long-term problems. The good thing is that you don't need to worry because all the headphones on this list are child-friendly and safe for little kids.
- Are Headphones Safe for Your Kids?
- What are the best kids bluetooth headphones?
- 1. PowerLocus Wireless Over-Ear Stereo Foldable Kids Headphones
- 2. Riwbox WT-7S Foldable Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone
- 3. Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Wireless Kids Headphones
- 4. iClever BTH02 Kids Headphones
- 5. Puro Sound Labs Kids' Bluetooth Headphones-BT2200
- 6. iClever BTH12 Wireless Bluetooth Kids Headphones
- 7. Snug Play+ (Unisex) Kids Bluetooth Headphones
- 8. JLab JBuddies Studio Folding Bluetooth Over-the-Ear Kids Headphones
- 9. Puro Sound Labs PuroQuiets Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 10. Zamkil Kids Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Kids' Headphones
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Kids Bluetooth Headphones
Are Headphones Safe for Your Kids?
The recommended time spent listening to headphones should be two hours a day for children as well as adults, even though the volume is limited to 85dB. Besides, limiting the volume of your kids' headphones is a wise decision if you want to protect their hearing. This is because the kid's ears are more sensitive to noise damage because of the growth and development of nerve fibers and other cells. Also, because their smaller eardrum is closer to the sound source, therefore, it's essential to ensure the headphones have a volume-limiting function before handing them over to your kids.
Furthermore, most smartphones, tablets and other portable devices allow monitoring of your kids' headphone volume. For example, iPads and iPhones have a Health app to adjust and set audio levels. Some android devices too allow the setting of a volume limit. And if the device your kid uses doesn't have the volume-limiting function, you can download it from the Google Play store. Even with that said, we recommend investing in a set of kids' headphones that limit the volume, as well as the length of time children wear them.
With the volume issue handled, kids' headphones are safe for your children. Now let's check out the best kids' Bluetooth headphones to invest in.
What are the best kids bluetooth headphones?
1. PowerLocus Wireless Over-Ear Stereo Foldable Kids Headphones
- [Free Hard Protective Carrying Case Gift!] PORTABLE and FOLDABLE DESIGN: Ergonomic and...
- AMAZING SOUND QUALITY: Hi-Fi stereo wireless headphones over ear which have specially...
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Pair them with 1 click – P1 bluetooth headphones over-ear are...
- GREAT COMFORT FOR ALL AGES: Wireless and wired headphones that can be used by all ages –...
- 24/7 SUPPORT & 24-Month WARRANTY: Try our bluetooth headphone over-ear with 45 Days Money...
If you're looking for the best headphones for your grown kids, we recommend the PowerLocus Wireless Foldable Kids Headphones. The headphones have a super sleek design and several different color options. They're also equipped with soft protein foam artificial leather earmuffs, allowing your kids to wear them for hours. Besides, these headphones are foldable and with stretchable sides to fit well children as well as adults. So if you're looking for the best option for over-the-ear headphones for your kids' holiday travels and daily use, look no further.
The PowerLocus headphones are wireless with Bluetooth connectivity and are powered by a battery that offers up to 14 hours of life. The headphones also feature a tangle-free cord with a standard audio jack if the battery runs out unexpectedly. Besides, the headphones feature a microphone, so you can easily accept incoming calls (including video calls) with a single press. Plus, the hands-free technology provides you with a better phone calls experience. Also, with the great Bluetooth technology, you can pair two devices at the same time.
These over-the-ear headphones have padding and the headband around the ears for a comfortable fit and are size adjustable making them suitable for kids, teens and adults. They are ideal for sport, travel, gym, office hours and daily use. Besides, they are built from high-quality, super endurable and nice-to-touch materials. However, though they deliver crisp and clear sound quality, they lack regulated volume control for little ears.
2. Riwbox WT-7S Foldable Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone
- Riwbox WT-7S is a energetic foldable bluetooth headphone.LED installed at both side of the...
- Bluetooth 5.0 : Powerful 40mm speaker with the bluetooth 5.0 technology, providing you the...
- ON/OFF LED Light : Press and hold the M button for 3 seconds to turn the LED on or...
- Wire/Wireless mode : Switches are located at both sides of the headphone, you can easily...
- Riwbox WT-7S is a amazing headphone designed for a happy life, LED flash together with...
Riwbox WT-7S Foldable Bluetooth Headphones feature LED lights installed to both sides of the cup ears and will flash up and down according to the rhythm and frequency of the music. The graphic design element can bring happiness to your kid's life. The headphones are also equipped with Bluetooth technology, have a wired option if the battery runs out and feature a built-in mic. Besides, the headphone models have powerful 40mm speakers offering your kid quality natural sound and sturdy bass while keeping it convenient.
The headphones feature buttons along the side that allows you to control volume, answer and end calls, skip songs and turn the LED lights on. Your kid can press and hold the M button for 3 sec to turn the LED lights on or off. Besides, when using the headphone in Bluetooth mode, we recommend turning off the LED strip flashing to save more battery for longer music playing. If the headphones run out of power, your kids can use the Riwbox D1 audio cable to continue using it.
Riwbox WT-7S Foldable Bluetooth Headphones, as mentioned earlier, are designed for a happy life, LED lights together with your kid's rhythm expressing their mood at each moment. It's suitable for kids, students or teenagers. The headphones have comfort padding along the sides and top, plus they come in several kid-friendly color options.
3. Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Wireless Kids Headphones
- Riwbox CT-7S is a foldable Bluetooth headphone with a lighting theme. We wish to bring joy...
- Bluetooth 5.0 : Powerful 40mm speaker with the bluetooth 5.0 technology, providing you the...
- ON/OFF LED Light :Press and hold the M button for 3 seconds to turn the LED on or off...
- Wire/Wireless mode : Switches are located at both sides of the headphone, you can easily...
- Riwbox pays attention to wellness of children. In the past, we did receive feedback from...
If you are looking for cute headphones for your younger daughter, the Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Wireless Headphones might be a perfect option. The pair come in great colors and stunning lights that are undoubtedly attractive to your kids. They also feature a volume limit set to 85dB, making them a safe option for your kids. Besides, these over-the-ear headphones for kids can use Bluetooth 5.0 connection to pair with devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets and even TV wirelessly.
Furthermore, they usually support a wired connection through a 3.5mm audio port for a clearer sound. And though the LED strip lights are attractive for your child, they are not very friendly for the headphone's battery life. They still use a Micro-USB cable rather than USB-C to charge, which is not as common.
4. iClever BTH02 Kids Headphones
- Stereo Sound & 94dB Volume Limiting: Full-coverage padded earmuffs will wrap your little...
- Bluetooth 5.0 & Built-In Microphone: Say goodbye to tangled wired headphones. iClever kids...
- Hours of Uninterrupted Listening: Enjoy enough listening time with up to 22 hours of...
- Comfort Come First: The Memory foam ear cushions of iClever kids headphones are very...
- Foldable & Durable: iClever kids headphones for school are foldable and portable for easy...
The iClever BTH02 Wireless Headphones have a compact, lightweight design that should fit most smaller kids' heads though it may be uncomfortable for some kids with larger ears. The headphone set has a 94dB volume-limiting to protect young listeners' hearing ranging from 5 to 9 years. In addition, the headphones offer more than 20 hours of continuous playback time. Besides having Bluetooth mode, they also have wired options; you can use it through the included 1/8-inch TRS audio cable.
BTH02 Headphones have the great build quality and can fold up to reduce their size, making their storage and carriage easy. Though their bass-heavy sound profile might be ideal for genres like hip hop, they usually deliver extra boom for sound effects in movies and games. However, bass and treble generated might differ depending on fit, meaning your kid might not get a consistent listening experience every time they use them.
Unfortunately, the headphones don't feel strong and have a poorly integrated mic that clips the voice and makes it sound slightly distorted and a bit muffled. Nonetheless, if you are on a tighter budget, their long continuous battery life, as well as passive playback, make them worth investing in.
5. Puro Sound Labs Kids' Bluetooth Headphones-BT2200
- MAXIMUM PROTECTION FOR KIDS: The BT2200s are designed to be safer headphones for kids....
- STUDIO-GRADE AUDIO QUALITY THAT IS SAFER FOR KIDS: Our patent-pending Puro Balanced...
- LONG-LASTING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES: The one-touch Bluetooth pairing with iPhone, Android,...
- OPTIMUM 82% BACKGROUND NOISE ISOLATION: Our product features a fully passive design that...
- 30-DAY MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: The warranty period for our products is 1 full year. If you...
Puro Sound LabsBT2200 Headphones are meant for kids who mainly use headphones to play games, watch movies and listen to music either on short car trips or at home. The pair of headphones usually connects wirelessly to any Bluetooth device and is easy to use since they have a simple on/off switch and volume controls. The headphones have a battery life of more than 20 hours, offering a lot of listening time between charges. Suppose the headphones run out of charge, or maybe you want to use them with a non-Bluetooth device. In that case, a cable is provided in the package, and the daisy-chain ability allows you to string together pairs of BT2200 headphones so your kids can listen together.
You can count on the BT2200 on quality sound, which is pleasant and clear with a great balance between low and high notes. Though younger kids might not be as discerning when it comes to sound quality, the audio performance means that your older kids will be less likely to borrow your headsets. Additionally, the BT2200's volume-limiting circuitry works effectively to keep the maximum volume on the recommended safety level for kids.
These kids' headphones feature comfortable ear cushions that also block outside noise. On the other hand, the ear cups and headbands are durable aluminum. Moreover, the band cover and ear cushion are made of leather. Though these headphones cost more than most kids' headphones, the higher audio quality, durable build and wireless function make them worth the price.
6. iClever BTH12 Wireless Bluetooth Kids Headphones
- [4 Colorful Lighting Modes]: Not only do these kids headphones give great audio, but they...
- [Stereo Sound & 74/85/94dB Volume Limiting]: Kids need good sound too--they'll love the...
- [40H Playtime & USB C Charging]: Dead batteries are a thing of the past thanks to the...
- [Bluetooth 5.0 & Built-In Microphone]: Enjoy Bluetooth 5.0 technology with the iClever...
- [Durable Design, Generous Warranty]: Your kids play rough and ours do too, which is why...
If you're looking for one of the best Bluetooth headphones for your kids that will offer safety and comfort, count the iClever BTH12 Kids Headphones. The headphones are lightweight even though they come with a built-in battery for Bluetooth connectivity. On that note, they promise 40-hours playback time and should you run out of charge; the headphones can dish out four hours of playback time with only 10 minutes of charging.
Moreover, these headphones for kids have three-volume limit options (75,85,95 dB), meaning you get to adjust them for your kids to the current situation. For instance, you can adjust the volume limit to be higher on flights or car rides to block out the louder ambient noises. In addition, the kids' headphones are foldable, making them easier to carry anywhere you go. The headphones also feature a mic making them an ideal option if your kids have online classes or talk to their friends on a mobile device.
Besides, the over-ear form factor usually reduces the pressure on the kid's ears while earing them. An on top of the stunning RGB light on the ear cups, the headphones are available in different color options, which is an added advantage if your kid wants everything to be in their favorite color. However, the headphones don't support audio sharing, so if your siblings want to listen to something together, you might want to invest in two pairs.
7. Snug Play+ (Unisex) Kids Bluetooth Headphones
- Features a sharing port on every set - Connect one side of these kids headphones to your...
- Volume automatically limited to protect your childÍs ears - The Snug Play+ childrens...
- Perfect size and fit for children - These headphones are lightweight and feature soft,...
- Premium sound quality - Featuring 40mm drivers that provide a range of 20Hz to 20kHz, your...
- Made with high quality, durable materials these headphone are built to last and withstand...
The Snug Play+ Kids Headphones come with 15 colorful designs that appeal to kids of both genders. Besides, the durability and quality of the headphones are among the best on our list, particularly considering their affordable price tag. Since this wireless pair is designed for kids, it features a factory-set 85dB volume limiter which you can adjust or deactivate. This usually ensures that your kid never goes past the recommended safe listening level.
With 3.5mm wired connectivity, the headphones usually save a bit of weight since they don't have a battery built-in. Also, there are audio-sharing capabilities; therefore, you can daisy-chain multiple pairs of headphones for your kids to listen to together. However, the wired connection may not be as convenient as Bluetooth, but it has a plus point.
The pair has a 40mm headphone driver with a wider frequency range, generating excellent sound quality than some wireless headphones. However, though the added durability is ideal for kids, the thick headband isn't for older kids' ears and heads.
8. JLab JBuddies Studio Folding Bluetooth Over-the-Ear Kids Headphones
- MADE FOR KIDS: Standard headphones are designed for adults and are too big for kids. Our...
- VOLUME LIMITER: How loud are your kids listening to music or their favorite youtuber? When...
- 13 HOUR BLUETOOTH PLAYTIME: Keep your music hassle-free by wirelessly linking your...
- COMFORTABLE FIT: The plush circular cups fit perfectly on your ears and provide a...
- TWO YEAR WARRANTY/30 DAY GUARANTEE: We are so sure you’ll be happy with your purchase...
JLab JBuddies Studio Kids Bluetooth Headphones are specifically designed for children to fit comfortably and don't fall off. They have comfortable Eco Leather cushions and a padded headband, which offer all-day comfort for your kids. Besides, the headphones offer safe-volume control. They come with built-in volume regulators to ensure children never rock beyond 85dB. And every pair is designed with JLab's crystal clarity in mind. Additionally, the headphones are foldable to save space and keep them safe when not in use. Also, they are suitable for kids aged 8 years old and above.
The headphone set allows you to keep your music effortless by wirelessly connecting the Bluetooth-enabled device and allowing your kids to stream from up to 30 ft away from the source device. The headphones also offer up to 13 hours of Bluetooth playtime, long enough for a long-haul flight. Conversely, Bluetooth connectivity is great as it eliminates any cord safety issues, though you must keep them charged as they don't feature a detachable cable for wired listening.
9. Puro Sound Labs PuroQuiets Noise Cancelling Headphones
- ACTIVE NOISE-CANCELLING HEADPHONES: The ANC switch puts the world on mute so that kids can...
- LIMITED VOLUME FOR KIDS’ HEARING SAFETY: A limited volume of 85 dB is the maximum safe...
- WIRELESS HEADPHONES WITH BLUETOOTH FUNCTION: The one-touch Bluetooth pairing with iPhone,...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Enjoy up to 35 hours of non-ANC playtime (23 hours with ANC) and 200...
- 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: The warranty period for our products is 1 full year. If you...
If you prioritize ultimate comfort and safety for your kids, the PuroQuiets Noise Cancelling Headphones are the best options. These noise-canceling headphones are excellent for kids and toddlers since they eliminate the need for high-volume audio to block out outside noise, increasing the risk of hearing loss. The headphone set can remove as much as 78 percent of daily background noises. And although they have noise-canceling capability, they still limit their max volume to 85dB as recommended by WHO. Besides, these kids' Bluetooth headphones offer up to 35 hours of playtime without ANC and 23 hours with ANC.
This wireless pair supports playback through a 3.5mm audio cable if the power runs out unexpectedly. However, though the headphones can work in wired mode, you will still need the power to use the ANC. Conversely, the headphones have a built-in output that allows audio sharing to other speakers or headphones. They also have a built-in microphone meaning your kid can use them for online classes.
However, the cylindrical headband may make the headphones have a poor fit on your child's head. The ear cup's diameter is also small for over-ear headphones, so chances are they will squeeze your kid's ears.
10. Zamkil Kids Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- Protective and Rich Sound: "Protective and crystal clear stereo sound for our children"....
- Comfortable to wear: The earmuff-style design makes the headphones more comfortable to...
- Long battery life: The built-in rechargeable 500mAh battery only takes 2 hours to charge...
- Bluetooth 5.0: More than 10M/33ft of wireless range allows your child to enjoy the freedom...
- Convenient to carry: Foldable design aims for a more compact portability and storage,...
Zamkil Kids Wireless Headphones have a variable 85dB and 95dB volume limit. Moreover, using the wireless Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, the headphones support about 33 feet from the source device with your child's favorite gadgets. Besides, the headphones have a sturdy build quality and foldable design making them ideal for traveling. Moreover, they feature a carrying case matching the blue-orange aesthetics.
Zamkil Headphones feature a solid 500mAh battery that can last for about 40 hours. On the other hand, the USB-C interface can fully charge the battery within 2 hours. Besides, the over-the-ear cups are designed from breathable materials, so your kids will have added comfort while using them. However, there is no wired connection support for these headphones. Though you can plug in the charging cable and use them simultaneously, they can only stream audio through Bluetooth technology.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Kids' Headphones
1. In-ear headphones vs. over-ear headphones
When shopping for the best kids Bluetooth headphones, you will realize they come in two categories; in-ear or over-ear headphones. There are advantages and disadvantages for both. In-ear headphones are usually smaller than over-ear headphones making them highly portable. In addition, they can fit in most storage bags. Nonetheless, their small size might not be the best option for younger kids since the younger kids might lose or step on them due to their small size. Also, kids with sensitive ears might find them uncomfortable since they fit in the ear.
Conversely, over-the-ear headphones are larger, meaning they're easily spotted, and your kid is less likely to lose them. However, the large size means they are not as portable as in-ear headphones. In addition, the ear cups feature a soft filling to offer cushion and comfort, making them ideal for children with sensitive inner ears.
2. Earcup size and fit
For babies and young kids, ensure to keep off earbuds or headphones that have to be inserted inside the ear canal. Instead, we recommend buying over-the-ear or on-ear headphones to avoid damage to their ears. Therefore, whatever you purchase, ensure the ear cups fit your kid's ears to prevent them from sliding or falling each time they're worn. Moreover, get the right headphones that have soft ear cups, especially those made from plush leather, so that they provide your kid with adequate protection and cushion.
When looking for the best kids' Bluetooth headphones, pay attention to the comfort, especially if your child has sensory issues since they might be wearing their headphones for an extended time. Also, pay attention to the padding around the ears since some can provide more protection from pressing on the head and ears than others. There are also differences in material covers, with some more breathable than others.
4. Volume settings
Kids' headphones should have a volume limiter; therefore, ensure the headphones have one before buying. According to the World Health Organisation, hearing loss can happen in kids after prolonged exposure to volume output over 90 decibels. Therefore, the maximum volume for your child should be at 80-85 decibels.
Appearance also matters when looking for the best kids Bluetooth headphones; though there are a lot of attractive styles for both boys and girls to choose from, ensure that you get your baby what they love. Besides, the headphones have different designs; some are meant for girls while others are for boys. But generally, kid's headphones come in loud and bright colors. In addition, there are various themes to choose from, ranging from princesses, pirates and animal themes, among others.
6. Wireless vs. wired headphones
Since you are looking for Bluetooth headphones, you don't have to worry about wired or wireless pairs since Bluetooth headphones are wireless. However, the wired headphones could get tangled as your child use them. However, you will have to charge them frequently up though it might serve you better in the long run. Besides, some wireless headphones come with an optional audio cable, meaning you have an option to use them wired or not.
Conversely, no wires mean no tangling dangers or frayed jacks. Wireless headphones usually offer up a hands-free, portable listening experience which is ideal for kids on the go.
7. Recommended age
Kid's headphones come with the manufacturer's age recommendation; therefore, before buying, check to confirm if the headphones you intend to buy for your child are ideal for your kid's age. For example, you don't want to purchase a pair of headphones meant for kids aged 9 while your kid is 5 years old.
8. Fun designs
Most parents will testify that their kids love wearing headphones featuring their favorite characters such as Pokemon, Mario, PAW Patrol and unicorns. Therefore choosing headphones that your kids love might make them more likely to maintain and take care of losing, avoiding losing or breaking them.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Kids Bluetooth Headphones
1. What's volume-limiting?
Before buying the headphones, you need to confirm that they feature a volume limiter for specification. WHO usually recommends an 85dB-limited volume range for young kids, advice supported by the US OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administrator) and the Hearing Health Foundation.
Though most of the kids' headphones on our list brick wall at an ear-friendly 85dB, some have higher 90dB limiters. This louder mode is crucial for traveling and when the headphones need to compete with a higher ambient noise level. Besides, these volume restrictions are there for a good reason to avoid damage to young lugholes.
2. Are noise-canceling headphones really safe for kids?
Yes, noise-canceling headphones are safe for kids. They might even help with volume control. And since the sound around them is blocked, kids can hear what they're listening to better; therefore, they won't have to increase the volume to unsafe levels to hear over the noise.
However, the main drawback is that if a parent tries to get their kid's attention while wearing noise-canceling headphones, the kid may not hear it. Fortunately, noise-canceling headphones don't completely drown out outside noise; therefore, if there is an emergency, chances are, your kid will still hear any alert.
3. Do kids need a mic?
Nowadays, if headphones designed for adults come with a cable with no microphone or inline remote, it had better be a professional model designed for use with home theaters and stereos or designed for the recording studio. Most people connect their headphones to their mobile devices and, most of the time, use them to take calls while on the go.
Conversely, it's not clear whether the lack of a microphone is a con with kids' headphones. Besides, not every parent wants a microphone built into headphones for their kid. So, for example, you might want to discourage your kid from using their headphone set like a gaming headset.
4. Can children use earbuds?
Although there is no specific age for when a child can start to use earbuds, they're suitable for teens and tweens who are responsible enough not to lose them and aware of their volume limits for volume control. Besides, most earbuds nowadays are usually designed for adults, so they're not sized for a child's smaller ears, and they don't feature parental volume control options.
5. Is a headset good for children?
Putting adult headphones on to your kid's head could endanger their hearing. And just because your kids' headphones are volume limited, we recommend avoiding letting the kids wear them for hours on end. Because even at 85dB, prolonged headphone usage is not advisable.