A home theater system is a great thing to have at home since it makes watching movies and listening to music more fulfilling. While you might think that the subwoofers carry the most weight in your unit, the center channel speaker is actually the most critical component. It's responsible for producing most of the sound you hear, which is why it's important to choose the right one.
This post reviews the best center channel speakers and offers the factors to consider when choosing a suitable unit.
- 1. Polk Audio T30 Home Theater Center Channel Speaker
- 2. Klipsch RP-450C Center Channel Speaker - Cherry
- 3. Yamaha NS-C210BL Center Channel Speaker
- 4. Pioneer SP-C22 Andrew Jones Home Audio Center Channel Speaker
- 5. Q Acoustics Center Channel Speaker
- Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Center Channel Speakers
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. Polk Audio T30 Home Theater Center Channel Speaker
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND – Featuring (1) 1"...
- AMPLIFY YOUR MOVIE, MUSIC AND GAMING EXPERIENCE! Place this center channel in front of...
- CREATE A FULL-FLEDGED 5.1 HOME THEATER SETUP with the complete range of T-series speakers...
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEATER AV RECEIVERS giving you many setup...
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. With these value-priced speakers, you can...
The first model we'll review is the Polk Audio T Series T30 which is arguably the best center channel speaker for your home theater system. There's no reason to listen to your movie or music without an immersive bass sound that makes the entertainment more realistic. This center channel speaker will match your right and left sub-woofers and deliver a high-quality sound output for your listening needs.
With Dynamic Balance technology, the integrated composite drivers, and the silk dome tweeter, you can rest assured that this unit will deliver maximum clarity in every dialogue. Soon, you'll realize that the high-quality audio the T30 provides is something you won't want to live without. Say goodbye to any issues of resonance and distortion thanks to the premium quality construction of this center channel speaker.
Setting up this system under your TV is the best option, and you'll be glad to know that it's compatible with various receivers, processors, and stereos which makes it a flexible choice. Plus, it has a flat form that makes it suitable to store without taking up much space.
2. Klipsch RP-450C Center Channel Speaker - Cherry
- 1" Linear Travel Suspension Titanium Tweeter
- Quad 5.25" Spun Copper Cerametallic Cone Woofers
- 90x90 Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- All New Tractrix Port
- MDF Cabinet with Brushed Polymer Veneer Baffle Finish
Second place on this list of the best center channel speakers is the Klipsch RP-450C which comes with a high-frequency response that adds dynamics to the sound you hear. It delivers minimal damping of high sounds thanks to the molded rubber construction. As a result, you can expect a clear and natural sound that will bring your relaxation to a climax as you entertain yourself at home.
It also features a Linear Travel Suspension tweeter which helps to reduce distortion. This ensures you can listen to highly detailed and enhanced sounds that make the movie or song you are listening to more lively. With cerametallic woofers integrated into this unit, you can expect a high-performance efficiency from the Klipsch Center Channel Speaker.
Another reason this unit could answer your search is the Tractrix geometry which offers several ports that can facilitate a smooth transfer of air from the unit. This means that the deep bass you'll hear from this center speaker will be clear, thanks to the low-frequency response it features.
3. Yamaha NS-C210BL Center Channel Speaker
- 2 way bass reflex center speaker
- Woofers use light aluminum cones for extra fast response
- 7/8 inches balanced dome tweeter
- Slim design matches flat panel TVs
- Limited warranty only when purchased from an AUTHORIZED YAMAHA DEALER
Next, we have the Yamaha NS-C210BL Center Channel Speaker, another great option for maximizing the potential of your sub speakers. If you are in search of a unit that can match the high-definition output of digital sources, this speaker is the way to go. It can reproduce the smallest details with utmost clarity to ensure you can only have a good time when using it.
With aluminum woofers integrated into this unit, you can expect a super-fast response that ensures you hear high-definition sound in your movies, music, or games. The tweeters are balanced to ensure the speaker creates an even sound that is more dynamic when you compare it with that of other center channel speakers.
The Yamaha NS-C210BL Center Channel Speaker comes with a slim design that makes it a fitting choice for your flat panel TV. Additionally, you can place it almost anywhere around the room, and it'll still deliver the sound you need.
4. Pioneer SP-C22 Andrew Jones Home Audio Center Channel Speaker
- ANDREW JONES. From speaker designer Andrew Jones comes a collection of speakers that bring...
- CURVED DESIGN. This speaker utilizes a true curved cabinet design. Not only aesthetically...
- TWEETER. Twin 4" Woofers and Soft Dome Tweeter deliver multi-element crossover to route...
- COMPLEX CROSSOVER. 6 Element Complex Crossover perfectly blends audio between the woofer...
- CONNECTION. This speaker is equipped with two rear side wire connections. Requires audio...
The fourth option available is the Pioneer SP-C22 which was designed by Andrew Jones to deliver premium quality sound to any room in your home. It can deliver an immersive experience as you watch a movie or listen to music, thanks to its superior features. You can rest assured that the Pioneer brand will deliver a unit that looks and sounds amazing.
If you take a close look at the SP-C22, you'll realize that the cabinet has a curved design instead of a standard cuboid form. This is not just for appearance; it's meant to reduce the amount of standing sound waves in the unit. As a result, this center channel produces a crystal clear, high-quality sound that will ensure you enjoy every listening moment.
Everything you hear on this unit will sound better, be it in car crashes, dialogue, or explosions. The Soft Dome Tweeter and Twin Woofers direct high and low-frequency sound to ensure the output is smooth even when the volume is high.
5. Q Acoustics Center Channel Speaker
- The Q 3090Ci boasts twin 100mm (4”) and 22mm (0.9”) precision drivers delivering the...
- The Q 3090Ci incorporates the same technology used across the rest of the 3000i range...
- The 3090Ci is the same width as most Amplifiers and AV Receivers so will fit attractively...
- new low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept...
- Specifications: Enclosure type: 2-way reflex, Bass Unit: 2 x 4in, Treble Unit: 0.9in, Freq...
Closing our list today is the Q Acoustics Center Channel Speaker, which features twin precision drivers to create an immersive cinematic experience. This unit can accentuate every detail to a point where nothing will escape your attention.
You can set this unit up on a shelf thanks to the pre-fitted rubber feet, which will prevent unwanted movement due to vibrations. It's also possible to mount it on the wall with dedicated brackets, which you can get at an additional cost. Since it isn't any larger than your standard amplifiers, you can fit it into the living room without having to rearrange a lot.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Center Channel Speakers
1. Sound Quality
The first factor to keep in mind in your search for the best center channel speaker is the quality of sound it can produce. The center speaker is a crucial part of your listening experience since it produces a deep bass sound that makes explosive scenes more realistic.
If the speaker doesn't have a deep bass that highlights low-frequency sounds, you'll probably have difficulty enjoying the film or music video you are watching. This is especially the case when you're listening to something like hip hop that is characterized by deep bass sounds. So, you'll want to check ou the sound quality before making your decision.
The size of the unit is also important because it determines the location you'll configure it to. Since the center channel speakers carry the woofer, they are considerably larger than the sub speakers. The amount of space you have available will determine the best size to go with.
Bigger isn't necessarily better because there are some center channel speakers that are small in size but pack a huge amount of power. So, you are safer going with a compact unit that can still deliver the deep bass sound you want. This will allow you a lot of flexibility in deciding on the best location to set it up, and it won't require you to reorganize your living room to accommodate it.
This might not be the most important factor but, if you are a stylish individual and like to add a sense of elegance to your living room, it's a relevant consideration. First, you'll want to go for a color that will match your interior without difficulty. Most units are available in black, which is a universal color that can fit almost anywhere.
However, if you'd rather go with something more specific, you should check for color and design that will satisfy your expectations.
Lastly, you need to ensure that the center channel speaker is compatible with the speakers you have at home. Keep in mind that sound will be traveling from the center speaker to the sub speakers. As such, these components need to be compatible to ensure the transmission runs smoothly without delivering different sound qualities.
This is why we recommend you get a center speaker that's the same brand as your current speakers. Additionally, you should ensure the series of the speaker also matches to avoid situations where the sound isn't as clear or loud as you'd hoped.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a center channel speaker necessary?
Yes, it's a critical component of your home theater system and delivers up to 70% of the dialogue and sound you hear. So, without a center speaker, you'll be missing out on a lot in your movies and songs.
2. Can you use any speaker for the center channel?
Yes, any speaker, excluding subwoofers, can work in the center channel.
3. Which speaker is best for the center channel?
The Polk Audio T30 Home Theater Center Channel Speaker is the best model you can go with.