Cat ear headphones are designed with kitty features or cat-like ears installed at the top of the headband. They've become some of the best designs for children and adults alike.
The kitty ear headphone design was initially launched in 2014 as an Indiegogo project and gained enough popularity to lead to today's models with all the features of high-end headphones. While they might have been designed for gaming and streaming and not necessarily listening to music, today's cat ear headphones are suitable for all functions, and the color variations and new features keep emerging.
This article will discuss the top five cat ear headphones, a complete review with pros and cons, and a few factors you can consider before you buy to help you make the best decision.
- 1. Best Cat Ear Headphones: Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear, LED Light Up Wireless, Foldable Headphones
- 2. Best Durable Cat Ear Headphones: iClever Kids Headphones with Mic
- 3. Best Cat Ear Gaming Headphones: SOMIC G951S Purple Stereo Gaming Headset with Cat Ears and Mic
- 4. Best Budget-Friendly Cat Ear Headphones: FosPower Kids Headphones with LED Light Up
- 5. Best LED Lights: MindKoo Wireless Cat Ear Headphones with Bluetooth and LED Light
- Why are Cat Ear Headphones Worth the Time and Money?
- Features to look for when buying cat ear headphones?
- FAQs About the Best Cat Ear headphones
1. Best Cat Ear Headphones: Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear, LED Light Up Wireless, Foldable Headphones
- Riwbox CT-7S is a foldable Bluetooth headphone with a lighting theme. We wish to bring joy...
- Bluetooth 5.0 : Powerful 40mm speaker with the bluetooth 5.0 technology, providing you the...
- ON/OFF LED Light :Press and hold the M button for 3 seconds to turn the LED on or off...
- Wire/Wireless mode : Switches are located at both sides of the headphone, you can easily...
- Riwbox pays attention to wellness of children. In the past, we did receive feedback from...
If you want a pair of playful and attractive headphones, you need to look no further than this one from Riwbox. You will not only enjoy the great features but also stand out because of the colorful options you can choose from.
The purple and green cat ear headphones are every user's dream as they come with a beautiful lighting theme. They support Bluetooth 5.0 technology to let you connect to compatible devices wirelessly. On the other hand, if you run out of batteries, the package includes a 3.5mm jack braided audio cable to connect to your device easily.
These pair of cat ear headphones command attention wherever the wearer goes, and when you are up for your moment of class, you can press the on button for three seconds to activate the LED light. This light will change colors as the music changes.
One factor you have to consider as a parent when buying headphones for your child is how their ears and hearing could be affected. Listening to loud music can damage a child's hearing. Riwbox designed these headphones with a built-in volume switch that keeps audio at 85dB when in use.
The foldable cat ear headphones are best for traveling as you can safely fold them back into their box. They are compatible with PC, laptops, iPhones, iPad, Kindle, and TV.
2. Best Durable Cat Ear Headphones: iClever Kids Headphones with Mic
- The Safest Option - iClever Boostcare kids headphones are generously recommended to...
- Adjustable Headband With Unimaginable Toughness - iClever toddler headphones survive the...
- Start From Health - iClever headphone for kids adopts high quality food grade materials....
- Playful Cat-Inspired Design - Combining high quality audio with unique fashion, iClever...
- Universal Compatibility & Satisfying Service - With the standard 3.5mm headphone jack,...
If you've thought about buying your toddler a pair of headphones, iClever has your interests first. They sell these cate ear headphones that are made with comfortable, durable, and flexible food-grade materials to withstand the harsh treatment they will get. The wired jack is also tangle-free.
The headphones also feature flexible ear cups made with broken-resistant and heat-resistant ABS material to guarantee durability, beauty, and glossiness. The comfortable earmuffs are made with leather material that can withstand harsh treatment. The headband is also adjustable to fit any user size, so when your baby sleeps, you can also enjoy some entertainment.
Apart from the build material, these headphones feature an 85dB/94dB volume limiter that prevents your little one's hearing. They are also ideal for traveling and online classes. The pair also has a built-in microphone that makes it possible to receive or make hands-free calls.
These are wired cat ear headphones with the tangle-free 3.5mm jack that pairs well with most devices such as smartphones, Chromebooks, Kindle, iPad, and more.
3. Best Cat Ear Gaming Headphones: SOMIC G951S Purple Stereo Gaming Headset with Cat Ears and Mic
- (^∇^*)HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE: Built-in 40 mm high fidelity speakers, which can produce...
- (^∇^*)AMBIENT NOISE CANCELING: Large size earmuffs with outstanding passive...
- (^∇^*)STRONG COMPATIBLE: With 3.5MM plug, which can be compatible with Xbox one,...
- (^∇^*)ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The omnidirectional microphone can be 360° flexible bending and...
- (^∇^*)SPECIAL APPEARENCE: With purple outlook and detachable cat ear shape, attracting...
This pair of gaming headphones come with detachable cat ears and offers high-quality performance. They are wired headphones with built-in 40mm high fidelity speakers for rich sound and clarity. If you are a gamer who loves cats, this pair will not disappoint.
They have noise-canceling features to let you concentrate and also use a 3.5mm jack to connect to other devices such as Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4, laptop, smartphone, and more. They are also ideal for non-gamers who want high-quality cat ear headphones.
These headphones have an ergonomic design, with the omnidirectional microphone adjustable to any direction. The headband is also adjustable and features very comfortable leather cushions to make it enjoyable to wear them for extended periods. These are the best cat ear headphones for live streaming games at a very affordable price.
4. Best Budget-Friendly Cat Ear Headphones: FosPower Kids Headphones with LED Light Up
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Padded ear cushions provide a comfortable listening experience and...
- [VIBRANT LED CAT EARS] Kids can enjoy turning on vibrant LED lights with two different...
- [BUILT TO BE DURABLE AND FLEXIBLE] Made for kids, these headphones stretch, twist, and...
- [LACED CABLE] The laced cable ensures extra strength and fewer tangles. No more worrying...
- [LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY] This product comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Please...
These fun-looking cat ear headphones produce the best quality sounds, and your young one will no doubt enjoy using them. They are equipped with a volume limit switch to protect the amount of sound a child's ears will be exposed to, so they are very safe to use for long periods without ear damage.
These headphones are especially ideal for hyperactive kids who can easily damage headphones. They are made with high-quality materials to make them sturdy to handle drops and other types of rough handling. The cord is also tangle-free and laced to prevent damage from twisting and pulling.
Now, there is one feature that can excite any kid, the LED lights. These headphones have an on/off switch that lights up the headphones as the music plays. The lights light up or blink with the music rhythm, so your child can communicate their current mood this way.
The FosPower cat ear headphones are designed with high-quality materials to provide more comfort to the wearer. The headband is padded while the earmuffs are cushioned. Apart from that, they come with a lifetime warranty, so you are sure to get support after you buy.
5. Best LED Lights: MindKoo Wireless Cat Ear Headphones with Bluetooth and LED Light
- Cute Cat Ear Headphones Bluetooth, Colorful Flashing Light: Featuring adorable cat ears,...
- Professional Wireless Headphones with Stereo HD Sound: The over-ear headphones are...
- Foldable Headband & Soft Cushioned Earpads: The headband is adjustable and easily fits the...
- Up to 70 Hours Wireless Playtime: With a 900 mAh rechargeable lithium battery, this...
- Bluetooth 5 Enables Universal Compatibility: The latest Bluetooth 5 technology enables the...
MindKoo is one of the biggest headphone brands, and this pair of cat ear headphones cements their reputation. These headphones produce outstanding quality sound at a very affordable price, and the cat ear design is loved by many children and adults.
It is compatible with Bluetooth 4.2, which means you do not need to worry about twisting or damaging a cable. This pair of cat ear headphones boast a long battery life of up to 5 hours of continuous usage with the seven different LED lights on.
They also come with an adjustable headband to make them ideal for all head sizes. The headphones are easy to carry with you wherever you go as they are foldable. The cat ear headphones are also designed with comfort in mind and are especially good for children as they come with a volume limiter.
Why are Cat Ear Headphones Worth the Time and Money?
Cat ear headphones came about with two anime artists called Weqhing Yan and Victoria Hu. As they worked on their anime series, they thought of giving the character cat ear headphones, and thus, the idea of producing them for sale was born.
They started a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, aiming to reach $250 000, which would enable mass production. They were able to raise over $3 million in a very successful campaign. However, their partnership failed along the way, and Weqhing Yan partnered with Brookstone to actualize the production.
The first pair of cat ear headphones was launched in 2015, named the Axent Wear Cat Ear Headphones. Since then, many more manufacturers have adopted the design and concept to produce unique cat ear headphones.
Despite the worldwide love for the design, popular singer Ariana Grande and famous Youtuber Pewdepie contributed to more success for cat ear headphones when they were spotted wearing them. In 2016, Ariana Grande partnered with Brookstone to release a line of these cat ear headphones that featured Ariana's signature o the ear cups.
While these headphones may have started as a trend for anime lovers, headphone companies have since adopted the design for some of their best headphone models. You can now find headphones with great sound quality and wireless features plus the amazing cat ear design.
Features to look for when buying cat ear headphones?
When buying your child a good pair of cat ear headphones, you can consider the following features.
1. Design and colors
Cat ear headphones feature very different and bold colors, and it would help to consider the colors you love before buying. Additionally, the design is also another factor to be decided by the wearer. There are some headphones with removable cat ears, so it is best to choose the best option that you can use for years.
You can pick your ideal connectivity depending on how you want t use your headphones. If you are buying for a child, it would be better to choose a wireless set to prevent them from damaging the cable. However, if you want t use them for gaming or calls, it'd be better to pick a set with a cord and a microphone.
Comfort lies in design. If you want comfortable cat ear headphones, look at the materials used to make them and design them. The ear cups will need to be breathable to prevent sweating, while the headband needs to be adjustable.
Additionally, the headphones should be lightweight to provide comfort when using for extended periods.
4. Sound Quality
While cat ear headphones are visually appealing, not all of them have the best sound quality. Therefore, do thorough research to ensure your pair will provide balanced sound quality for music, gaming, or calls.
The devices you have to stream music or play video games have specific compatibility requirements. When buying cat ear headphones, focus on these gadgets to guide you. Some headphones perform through Bluetooth or 3.5mm jack cords, while others have a USB cord.
FAQs About the Best Cat Ear headphones
a) Why are cat ear speakers popular?
The cat ear headphones are popular because of their design and colors. They are also designed with a kid's hearing health in mind as they come with volume limiters and suitable sizes for little ears.
They also have extra exciting features such as LED lights, wireless connections, and some made with very durable materials to suit a child.
b) How do you pair cat ear headphones?
If you have wireless headphones,
- Turn Bluetooth on your device on
- Turn on Bluetooth on your cat ear headphones by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button. Hold until the LED light blinks, and you hear a tone to indicate Bluetooth is on.
- Wait for the Headphones to pair to your device. If it doesn't happen automatically, pair with the pair from your device.
- If you need a code to pair, enter 0000 on your device.
- Enjoy your entertainment.