Nowadays, finding a good soundbar for a low price is very much possible, but it is not always easy. This is because, if you're are not careful, you could end up with something that won't work for you. For this reason, getting the best soundbar under $100 is crucial if you don't want to waste your money.
Fortunately, there are plenty of budget-friendly options that can conveniently project sounds across the room. In addition, some of them come with a separate subwoofer for improved bass. In this guide, you will get some of the best soundbars under $100, as well as the features you should consider when picking the best budget soundbar.
- What is a Soundbar?
- Which is the best soundbar to buy under $100?
- 1. BESTISAN Soundbar, TV Sound Bar with Dual Bass Ports
- 2. Wohome Soundbar S89 28-Inch 80W with HDMI-ARC
- 3. Creative Stage 2.1 Channel Under-Monitor Soundbar
- 4. VILINICE 16-Inch 50W Sound Bar for TV
- 5. ZVOX Dialogue Clarifying Sound Bar
- What Should You Consider When Buying the Best Soundbar Under $100?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Soundbars
What is a Soundbar?
A soundbar is a bar-shaped device that comes with multiple speakers and is mainly connected to a television set to enhance the audio experience. These devices come with convenient features to ensure you can incorporate other media devices as well. Generally, a soundbar does a great job of improving the sound from a TV speaker.
Most of these soundbars feature a technology that makes them work with any TV as they have different technologies of connecting to a TV, just like a home theatre device. So, if you're on a small or tight budget, consider these best soundbars under $100.
Which is the best soundbar to buy under $100?
1. BESTISAN Soundbar, TV Sound Bar with Dual Bass Ports
- Room-filling sound: powerful speakers deliver a round, high-end audio experience for bed...
- Enhanced bass: 3 inches full range drivers and dual bass ports that bring the richer and...
- Multiple wireless and wired connections: easily connect to the sound bar via Bluetooth 5....
- 3 different equalizer modes: fine tune your sound bar with 3 distinct equalizer modes...
- Multiple Setups, multiple options: sits flat below the TV screen or securely mounts on the...
The BESTISAN Soundbar, TV Sound Bar with Dual Bass Ports, is a remarkable budget soundbar that is manufactured by an OEM and comes with many decent features. Its angled speaker design means that this soundbar projects the sounds upward, which comes in handy when you want to fill rooms with the sound and when you're placing the soundbar on low surfaces.
As the best soundbar under $100, it comes with two 3 inch full-range drivers that produce clear mids and highs. The dual bass ports help in ensuring that the lower end is not lacking. Although the 40-watt output power is slightly on the lower side, the sound quality is much more superior to other 28-inch soundbars with over 100 watts of power.
It features the latest Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility ensures you can stream high-quality audio files from your mobile phone or other devices. You can quickly get the sound you want by playing around with the treble levels and built-in DSPs.
2. Wohome Soundbar S89 28-Inch 80W with HDMI-ARC
- Ultra-slim 28-Inch Sound Bar: with fashionable and classic design, 2.9 inches high could...
- 110 dB of Room-Filling Sound: built-in 4x 20W powerful full-range speakers and 2x bass...
- Multi Connection: enjoy wireless streaming music through Bluetooth 5.0; support HDMI-ARC,...
- 3D Surround Sound: designed with DSP technology for amazing clarity and precision sound,...
- Our promise: 100% satisfaction service and lifetime technical support, any questions,...
The Wohome Soundbar S89 28-Inch 80W is a 2.1 channel soundbar with six speakers, two 10W tweeters and four dynamic drivers. It also comes with two bass reflex tubes that help improve the bass response. Additionally, it is relatively and comes with a wide range of features for an optimum sound experience.
It measures 38 inches wide and is best suited for televisions that are between 40 to 60 inches. You can hook it up to the television using either the optical or RCA input at the back. Other devices can connect to this soundbar using the axially input that is on the side or instead use Bluetooth.
It comes with an angled design which means the sound will be projected upwards. As a result, the system is best placed on a flat surface and is directly beneath the TV. The mounting holes ensure it can be positioned in different ways.
3. Creative Stage 2.1 Channel Under-Monitor Soundbar
- Clutter-free, under-monitor sound bar for computer and TV | fits perfectly under a PC...
- Dual-driver with subwoofer for room-filling audio | This high performing 2. 1 speaker...
- Convenient controls with remote | Controls are conveniently located at the side of the...
- Various connectivity options | Conveniently connect your TV, PC/Mac, and mobile phones...
- Usb MP3 | doubles up as a standalone music player via a mass storage device without...
While most of the best soundbars under $100 give a decent amount of bass, getting a reliable subwoofer unit significantly boosts this bass. It helps ensure that you can feel the kicks and thumps in the action-heavy scenes. The Creative Stage 2.1 Channel Under-Monitor Soundbar includes a 40W subwoofer and 40W soundbar that gives 160W peak power.
It comes with almost everything you would expect, from a soundbar, built-in Bluetooth technology to a reliable remote control. This product also comes with a USB port that can play your favorite songs simply by using a USB thumb drive. However, this is a small soundbar and is not wide enough to give an amazing stereo separation.
This soundbar comes with mid-range drivers, which means the lower frequencies might be thin unless it is used. It includes a wall mounting kit that enables easy installation of the product onto your wall. It is a dual driver and features a subwoofer for room-filling audio. The convenient controls with the remote are properly located for hassle-free control.
4. VILINICE 16-Inch 50W Sound Bar for TV
- 【Powerful Mini Soundbar】This TV speakers built-in 50-watt output power, which can...
- 【Built-in DSP & 3 EQ modes】Vili Nice small soundbar built-in DSP technology, advanced...
- 【Wireless & Wired Connections】 Surround Sound TV Speaker support Bluetooth 5.0 that...
- 【Compact & Stylish Design】This small home audio sound bar with a slim and sleek design...
- 【Perfect Gift & Friendly Service】If you have any problems about TV sound bar, you can...
The VILINICE 16-Inch 50W Sound Bar for TV is another one of the best soundbars under $100 that offers a balanced sound profile. Although it comes with a small and compact design, it can wirelessly stream audio better than the built-in TV speakers. It features a built-in DSP technology that provides richer and deeper audio directly.
This soundbar works together with the full-range speakers to produce a big sound. It includes three different equalizer modes that you can use to customize so that the audio outputs match your needs. It optimizes your experience whether you are on music mode or movie mode.
As one of the quality soundbars that come with an affordable price tag, this tiny soundbar comes with both wired and wireless connections. For wired connections, the RCA/AUX and optical input are included. In contrast, for wireless connectivity, the Bluetooth connection is available to be able to stream music from different devices, including a mobile device.
5. ZVOX Dialogue Clarifying Sound Bar
- The world's smallest home theater system? 10" wide, less than one pound...fits just about...
- Connects to your TV with just one wire! Fast and Easy.
- AccuVoice hearing aid technology with six levels of voice boost.
- Two high-output wide-range speakers plus a passive radiator for rich sound.
- New remote control uses large buttons with easy to read labels.
As time goes by, it has become more and more difficult to clearly hear the TV's sounds. The poor quality built-in speakers on TV won't help but also with some speakers, the sounds can get lost in other sounds. Fortunately, the ZVOX Dialogue Clarifying Sound Bar makes use of patented technology to ensure the voices are easy and clear to understand.
This is made possible using an onboard DSP technology and integrated DAC that boosts the frequencies produced by human voices. For this reason, human voices are clearly heard over the sound effects, music, and background noises in the audios. It is a tiny 10-inch speaker, but ZVOX provides a bigger and more powerful 17-inch option, but at a higher cost.
Since it is tiny and weighs less than one pound, it is easy to carry it to just about anywhere. Connection to your TV is made simple with only one wire. Furthermore, the AccuVoice technology provides six levels of voice boost to achieve a rich sound. It comes with a reliable remote control with large buttons, making it easy to read the labels.
What Should You Consider When Buying the Best Soundbar Under $100?
1. Sound Quality
The number one factor considered when it comes to the best soundbars under $100 should be the sound quality. To determine the sound quality, you should check the build quality and the number of channels. Furthermore, check if the sound systems come with predefined modes for a better experience.
Depending on what you're looking for, connectivity might be one of the most important factors when looking for the best sound system. You should consider a soundbar that supports different inputs, including wireless (WI-FI or Bluetooth connectivity) and also wired (optical, AUX, RCA, or 3.5mm audio input.
Most soundbars will rely on optical cable for input. However, most TVs nowadays lack this kind of input and instead provide HDMI inputs to connect to other devices. In addition, HDMI supports more formats and audio channels like Dolby Atmos, providing a more dynamic and immersive experience. As a result, pick connectivity options that match your TV.
The sound bar placement is another important consideration that shouldn't be ignored. There are two main placement options available in a soundbar; mounting on the wall or on a table or shelf that is in front of the TV. However, some options will allow you to attach the soundbar to the TV. Ensure that the soundbar won't cover the remote control sensor when you place it in front of your TV
Of course, the size of the soundbar will affect the size of the internal speakers. However, in a well-built soundbar, this should not affect the sound or audio quality produced. To pick the right size, consider where and how you're planning to use it whether to play music. If you want it to sit under your TV, a sound system with a snug fit will satisfy your needs. If you're planning to move it constantly around the house, then a smaller soundbar is better off.
The equalizer modes are a great addition to a soundbar system as they enable sound customizations in different circumstances, thereby improving the sound experience. If you get a sound with different sound modes for different categories like music or movies, you will be able to achieve a balanced sound for such applications.
Some modes for dialog and news can also be great for someone who experiences challenges with listening to soft voices. The different sound modes are great additions that are worth considering. However, if the sound quality is poor, then there is no amount of adjustments that can make it better.
While looking for a soundbar, you will most likely come across two or three numbers, which indicate the number of channels and whether or not the product comes with an external subwoofer or not. The first number indicates the number of drivers, while the second number shows if the model comes with a dedicated subwoofer. Finally, if a soundbar comes with a third number, it indicates that the soundbar supports Dolby Atmos.
7. Built-in Subwoofer
You will come across options that include a subwoofer option. This is a driver which provides low-frequency sounds like bass, growling and rumbling. While some soundbars have the ability to produce low-frequency sounds by themselves, nothing can substitute a subwoofer.
Some options will come with a separate subwoofer, while others will come with a built-in one. A separate subwoofer will provide you with more customization options, but there is no room for mistakes with a built-in one.
While a soundbar with great sound is important, having one that also looks is amazing. Most often than not, people are constantly looking for a sleek design since it looks clean and blends well with any TV setup. When it comes to the best soundbar under $100, it will help to pay attention to the quality of the physical design. Consider getting a soundbar with a durable and classy look. Another important aspect you should consider is mounting and if the mounting accessories are included.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Soundbars
1. Are soundbars really worth it?
If you enjoy or love listening to music or watching movies at a high fidelity or you're not impressed with the sound of your wireless subwoofer or TV, then soundbars are worth investing in. This is because they will significantly improve the clarity of a dialog and the surround sound effects.
2. Can you use any soundbar on any TV?
It depends. For a soundbar to be compatible with your TV, the inputs of your soundbar should match the outputs of your TV. the most common outputs and inputs are HDMI ports, optical input, or the analog 3.5mm jacks that may require adapters.